XOLO has today announced in India its brand new A500S smartphone that is a dual-SIM (3G + 2G) ready handset featuring a 4-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen display having 233 PPI resolution and runs on latest Android Jelly Bean 4.2 software.
The XOLO A500S smartphone is powered by 1.2 GHz dual-core mobile processor and MT 6572W chipset with Mali 400 MP graphics processing unit and is dual-sim (3G + 2G) ready handset featuring 512-MB RAM and 4-GB internal storage that can be expanded to 32GB via microSD memory card slot.
Just like its predecessor XOLO A500, the new XOLO A500S model has a 4.0 inch 16 million color capable WVGA 800 x 480 resolution TFT LCD display having 233 PPI screen density and the smartphone has 5 megapixel rear camera that features 4X digital zoom and video recording, LED flash, touch focus, and also includes VGA resolution front facing camera for video calling and video chatting.
The rear facing 5 MP camera can record video @ 720p HD resolution and supports MPEG4, H.264, H.263 codecs.
According to the press release, the XOLO A500S runs on latest Android Jelly Bean v 4.2 and offers GPRS/EDGE, HSDPA (3G) with up to 21.1 Mbps download speed and includes microUSB 2.0 post for wired connectivity.
The smartphone also features G-Sensor, Proximity sensor and Ambient light sensors and offers WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 and GPS with aGPS connectivity.
The smartphone also includes 3.5 mm audio output jack, FM radio, and comes bundled with XOLO Secure anti-theft app that is claimed to offer one-stop solution to protect mobile device against theft and backup your personal data to the cloud.
Some of the theft protection features of this app (which can also be downloaded from Google Play) includes instant notification by SMS to a Hero phone number and email on SIM change, track real-time GPS location, activate siren even if device is silent, remote lock with custom lock message, remotely wipe personal data and more.
The XOLO A500S smartphone supports MP3, AAC , AAC+, 3GP, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, WAV, EAAC+, MIDI, WMA audio files and supports MPEG4, H.264, H.263 video codecs.
Key Features of XOLO A500S
- 1.2 GHz Dual Core mobile processor, MT 6572W Chipset
- Mali 400 MP Graphics
- Dual SIM (3G + 2G) capable
- 4.0-inch TFT LCD display, 233 PPI, WVGA 800 x 480 pixel resolution
- 720p HD video playback compatible display
- 512-MB RAM
- 4-GB Internal Storage
- microCD memory card slot allowing up to 32GB expandable memory
- 9 mm in thickness
- Android Jelly Bean v4.2
- 5 MP rear facing main camera, LED flash, touch focus, video recording in 720p HD
- VGA Secondary Camera
- 1400 mAh battery
- XOLO Secure Anti – theft app preinstalled
XOLO A500S includes 1400 mAh battery that is claimed to offer up to 10 hrs of talktime on 2G or 8 hrs of talktime on 3G network. A full charge can allows users up to 55 hours of continuous music playback or 7 hrs of HD video playback.
The XOLO A500S would be available for the price of Rs. 6,999 with standard warranty across country.
— XOLO (@MyXOLO) September 2, 2013
- XOLO A600 Premium Android Smartphone Launched in India
- XOLO Q2000 Premium Android Smartphone with 5.5-inch HD ISP Display Launched in India
- XOLO Q500 Quad-core Smartphone Includes Unique X-TransPIC Language Translation App
- XOLO Launches XOLO TAB, It’s First Tablet Device in India
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra Smartphone Featuring 6.44-inch Full HD Display Launched in India for Rs. 46,990
- XOLO Launches B700 With Powerful 3450 mAh Battery for Rs. 8,999
- Lava XOLO X900 – Intel’s First ATOM Processor Based Smartphone Launched in India
- ViewSonic Launches ViewPhone 3 – Android Powered Dual-SIM & 3G Ready Smartphone
- XOLO Launches X500 – 1st Dual SIM Smartphone Based on Intel Platform