Transcend today unveiled its new 2.5-inch SATA III equipped SSD320 solid state drive (SSD) that offers impressive transfer rates of 6 Gb/s and delivers excellent long-term reliability.
Transcend 2.5-inch SATA III equipped SSD320 SSD features the latest SATA III 6Gb/s interface and second generation SandForce SF-2281 controller, and is targeted to users looking to upgrade to the superior performance and reliability of solid-state technology at a competitive price.
The SSD320 SSD provides ultra-fast sequential read/write speeds of up to 560MB/530MB per second and maximum 4k random file writes of 87,000 IOPS, allowing budget-conscious computer enthusiasts and gamers to take their system to the next level.
In addition, the new SSD is equipped with a built-in ECC (Error Correction Code) and wear-leveling technology that ensures reliable data transfer and overall system integrity.
The Transcend SSD320, just like SSD720 offers up to 560MB/s sequential transfer speeds and up to 93,000 IOPS 4k random file writes, the SATA III 6Gb/s SSD720 delivers incredibly short load times and near instant response for heavy graphics and multimedia applications.
The Transcend 2.5-inch SATA III equipped SSD320 SSD features industry-standard 2.5-inch form factor and super slim thickness of just 7mm, allowing hassle free user installation in notebook computers, mainstream PCs, and today’s high-end Ultrabooks.
Users can download the advanced SSD Scope software application that brings together the latest technology for determining the condition and optimizing performance of the SSD into a single user-friendly tool. SSD Scope also includes a System Clone utility that copies the content from the currently installed hard drive onto the new SSD in just a few easy steps.
In addition, Transcend 2.5-inch SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs also come bundled with a handy 3.5” mounting bracket to help make upgrading desktop PCs easier than ever.
Especially significant for larger models, Transcend SSDs provide 7% extra storage space when compared to most other SandForce Driven SSDs currently on the market which use the 60/120/240/480 capacity points.
Price and availability
The Transcend 2.5-inch SATA III 6Gb/s SSD320 SSD is available in 64GB storage for Rs. 4,400 (approx), 128GB (Rs 7100/- approx.), and 256GB (Rs 12,600/- approx.) capacities.
- Transcend Upgrades 2.5-inch Solid State Drive (SSDs) Lineup in India with Speed Enhancements and Maximum Capacity
- Transcend Upgrades 2.5-inch Solid State Drive (SSDs) Lineup with Speed Enhancements and Maximum Capacity
- Corsair Launches F90 (90GB) and F180 (180GB) Force Series Solid State Drives (SSDs) in India
- Transcend 2.5-inch SATA Solid State Drive (SSD) Launched in India
- ADATA Announces S511 Solid State Drive in Up to 480-GB Capacity
- Strontium Launches World’s Fastest Matrix Series SSDs and Mainstream Gamma Series SSDs in India
- Transcend mSATA and Half-slim Solid State Drive for Small Form Factor Devices Launched in India
- OCZ Introduced Vertex 4 SATA III 2.5-inch SSD Series in India
- OCZ 1.8-Inch Onyx and Vertex-2 SSDs Launched