Sony has introduced Sony Xperia go – a new stylish, durable and water resistant smartphones in market that is powered by 1GHz dual-core processor and has 3.5-inch 720p HD Reality display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine gives razor sharp clarity and runs Android Gingerbread v2.3 operating system.
The durable smartphones is designed to also offers extra protection like scratch-resistant display and is claimed to be made to resist life’s challenges without compromising on design or functionality.
The display is made with scratch resistant mineral glass displays and meet industry standard IP ratings (International Protection) for protection against dust and water immersion. The smartphone is claimed to remain protected against dust and immersion in up to 1 m of water for 30 minutes.
The Sony Xperia go comes with 3.5-inch touchscreen Reality Display having 450 x 320 pixel resolution in 16 million colors, powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine gives razor sharp clarity and is powered by 1 GHz NovaThor™ U8500 Dual-core Cortex A9 processor running Android v2.3 Gingerbread (upgradable later to ICS).
The smartphone comes with 512MB RAM and 8GB internal memory that can be expanded to 32GB via microSD slot.
Only 110 g in weight, the Xperia go also includes a 5 megapixel camera with auto focus, 16x digital zoom, built-in LED flash but no front-facing camera for video chat.
The Sony Xperia go offers easy connectivity to share and enjoy content on TV, smartphone, laptop or tablet devices and it come preloaded with Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited from Sony Entertainment Network giving access to Hollywood blockbusters, TV series and millions and millions of music tracks.
The Xperia go offers FM radio with RDS and has 3.5 mm audio jack for headphones while supported audio formats include MP3, 3GPP, MP4, SMF, WAV, OTA, Ogg vorbis.
- Audio recording, supported formats: 3GPP, MP4, AMR
- Motion gaming
- Timescape with Twitter integrated
- Facebook inside Xperia 2.0
- Sony Entertainment Network (selected markets only)
- Clear stereo and clear bass
- 3D surround sound
Available in black, white and yellow colours, the Sony Xperia go’s other feature includes USB High speed 2.0 and Micro USB support, GPRS/EDGE, 3.5G, WiFi and WiFi Hotspot functionality,DLNA Certified, Synchronisation via Exchange ActiveSync and Google Sync, aGPS support, WebKit web browser with Pan & zoom, Bluetooth 3.0, Native USB tethering, Noise Suppression at communication, motion gaming and Handwriting recognition capability.
The Xperia go measures 111 x 60 x 9.8mm and comes with 1305 mAh battery that can provide up to 5.5 hours talktime and 19 days standby time.
The device also offers Timescape with Twitter integrated, Facebook inside Xperia 2.0, and Sony Entertainment Network integration and per-loaded applications include Google Voice Search, Google Talk, Google Mail, Google Maps with Street View and Latitude, Micoach, and Walk Mate.
The Sony Xperia go would be available in black, white and yellow colours and would be known as Sony Xperia advance in the US. Expected to be available globally from the third quarter 2012, Sony has not yet revealed its pricing in any market as yet.
- Sony Xperia acro S, Waterproof Android Smartphone Announced
- Sony Xperia X10 Mini Pro Smartphone Announces Powered by Android 1.6 & Featuring QWERTY Keyboard
- Sony Xperia X10 Mini Smartphone Powered by Google Android 1.6 OS Announced
- Sony Xperia ARC Smartphone Announced With Android 2.3; Features 4.2-inch Screen
- Sony Xperia X8 Smartphone Powered by Google Android 2.1 OS Announced
- Sony Ericsson Launches XPERIA X8 Smartphone in India; Featuring Android 1.6 & 3.2 MP Camera
- Sony Xperia NEO Smartphone Launched in India; Runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
- Sony Xperia SL Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India
- Sony Xperia ARC Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 32,000