Samsung’s recently launched Samsung Galaxy S 3 smartphone which is touted as a worthy rival of mighty iPhone 4S is expected to hit India market in the first week of June 2012 and would most likely retail for under Rs. 38,000/ price point.
Samsung Galaxy S 3 / S III which was launched with huge fanfare in London on 3rd May measures 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm, and is powered by a quad core 1.4 GHz 32nm ARM Cortex A9 processor with Exynos 4212 Quad chipset and includes 1GB RAM, 8/16/32GB internal storage and microSD card slot allowing up to 32GB expandable storage.
Already receiving glowing reviews on tech blogs around the world, the Galaxy S III runs on latest Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system with Samsung’s TouchWiz 4.0 touchscreen interface.
It has a super large 4.8-inch HD 720 x 1280 pixel resolution super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display powered by a powerful Mali-400MP quad GPU protected and includes Gorilla glass for protection from scratches.
The Galaxy S 3 features 8 megapixel rear-facing camera capable of recording full HD 1080p video and also has a front-facing 1.9 megapixel camera for video calling.
The rear-facing 8MP camera also offers voice-activated picture capture feature and a special burst shooting mode that takes 3.3 frames per second up to 20 frames in quick succession and even presents the best one.
The Galaxy S 3 offers exhaustive connectivity options that includes GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11b/g/N with Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 with HS, 3G HSDPA 21 Mbps, 3G HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, 4G, microUSB port, and GPS with A-GPS support. In addition, the smartphone also includes FM radio, NFC, 3.5mm audio out port, and TV-out port connection.
Samsung has also bundled along with the Galaxy S 3 a 50GB free Dropbox storage for two years.
There are few smartphone firsts in the Galaxy S 3 handset that includes SmartStay, Direct Call, Pop up Play,Wireless charging (optional) and SiRi challenging voice recognition system that allows users control various functions.
Samsung would also offer a range of accessories along with the Galaxy S 3 phone which includes flip cover, cases, docking stations, a dongle to share video wirelessly to TV screens (S-Beam) and a specially designed companion MP3 player etc.
Though Samsung has not yet revealed its prices in India market but it’s widely believed that the Galaxy S3 / S III will retail in the price range of about Rs. 35,000 and 38,000.
- Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 Android Powered Smartphone in India for Rs. 11,499
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone Retails in India For Rs. 14,990
- Samsung Galaxy Fit (S5670) Entry-Level Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 12,860
- Samsung Galaxy S III Launched in India for Rs. 43,180
- Samsung GALAXY Ace (S5830) Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India
- Samsung Galaxy Pop (S5570) Entry-Level Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 Android Powered Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy S 3 Smartphone Arrives with a Several Firsts in Smartphones