Telmoco Development Labs, a Thiruvananthapuram based company has launched its low cost e Attitude Daksha tablet device targeted to education sector just for the price of Rs. 5,399 that features a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen display that is capable of playing full 1080p HD videos and is powered by Android Honeycomb v3.2 OS designed for tablet devices.
While India’s first lowest cost Aakash tablet project struggling to surface from host of controversies, its competitors, one-by-one are trying their best to garner as much market shares as possible in education tablet space.
Attitude Daksha, the latest entry in low cost education tablet boasts of a full featured 7-inch capacitive touchscreen enabled tablet that is initially set off to launch at schools, professional institutions, and corporate houses.
Technopark Technology Business Incubator (T-TBIC) incubated Telmoco plans to compete in the low-cost tablet PC market where the government-launched Aakash tablet is prominent.
Attitude Daksha runs on Android Honeycomb v.3.2 operating system that was designed for tablet devices and it features Capacitive 5 point touch screen. The device is powered by a powerful single-core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor with 512 MB DDR3 RAM and dedicated GPU.
The Daksha tablet also includes HDMI port, MicroSD memory slot supporting up to 32GB expandable storage, 3.5 mm audio out port, MicroUSB 2.0 port for wired connectivity and offers 3G network access via 3G Dongle and built-in RJ45 LAN port.
Daksha’s 7-inch 5-point capacitive touchscreen is capable of playing full 1080p HD video streaming powered by 400 MHz graphics processor unit that supports advanced flash Apps, Interactive Apps and full HD videos.
The tab also features HDMI video out port and comes with a powered 3800 mAh Li-Pol rechargeable battery that is claimed to provide a back up of over 6 hours with WiFi on.
“Even though the Indian media tablets market witnessed high decibel launches by the world’s leading vendors, the Tablet PC market in India is a niche market that is quickly picking up the pace in terms of adoption,” said C.R. Nijesh, chairman and executive director, Telmoco at the launch.
Attitude Daksha tablet will be available from 15th May 2012 at the price of Rs. 5,399 and also be ordered online from Telmoco website.
- Kobian Announces Low Cost ‘iXA Tab’ in India for Rs. 3,999
- WishTel Launches IRA Thing 2 Tablet With Android 4.0 ICS
- Reliance Launches Android Powered 3G Ready Tablet for Rs. 12,999
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet Powered By Android Unveiled
- Intex Launched i-Tab – 8-inch Android Powered Low Cost Tablet
- iBall Launches Slide i7218 Android Gingerbread Powered Tablet for Rs. 11,999
- Micromax Unveils Funbook Android ICS Powered 7-inch Tablet for Rs. 6,499
- LG Optimus PAD 8.9-inch Tablet PC Announced; Features 3D Camera
- Wishtel Launches IRA E, IRA THING R and IRA ICON E – Low Cost Tablets