Lenovo has announced its new student-friendly laptop, the Lenovo ThinkPad X130e laptop, that is equipped with 11.6-inch display and is specially ruggedized for student community sporting features needed to help students in grades K-12 and their schools get the most out of their PC technology.
According to Lenovo, the ThinkPad X130e has been made with specific improvements required for a laptop to be successful in an education environment in hands of kinds who might often subject the device to extreme wear and tear.
Equipped with the advanced technology expected for an educational laptop, the ThinkPad X130e offers the choices of the latest Intel second generation Core i3-2367M processor with integrated HD graphics or AMD Fusion E-300 or E-450 processors with AMD Radeon dedicated graphics for multimedia-intensive lessons in class room as well as WiFi wireless connectivity, built-in multimedia tools along with HDMI and VGA out ports, allowing students to present their reports to the class with a projector or bigscreen TV.
Designed to be handled by school kids, the Lenovo ThinkPad X130e laptop includes a reinforced and extra durable top cover, keyboard and hinges that are capable of withstanding more rough handling than normal laptops.
In addition, the student-friendly laptop also offers customizable options for school kids that includes asset tags, BIOS modifications, custom imaging and a broad selection of custom colors.
Other features includes 8GB RAM, up to 500 GB internal hard drive, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Qualcomm Gobi 3000 WLan, Bluetooth 3.0, built-in stereo speakers and mic, microSD card reader and integrated 640 x 480 pixel resolution webcam.
Weighing under 1.78 kgs, students can easily carry the ThnikPad X130e laptop between classes without the need to recharge since the battery lasts the whole school day, and even long enough to start homework after school – up to 8.5 hours.
The ThinkPad X130e has several heavy-duty features designed to withstand heavy wear and tear, that includes:
- A top cover rubber bumper to absorb impacts to the side of the laptop
- 33 percent stronger corner to reduce the chance of damage when dropped at an angle
- Stronger hinges to outlast even the most frequent PC user at up to 30,000 cycles
- Reinforced and recessed ports to decrease the effects of student “wear and tear”
- Stronger Bezel with 1.2mm thick plastic to protect the LED panel
Lenovo has also equipped X130e laptop with fast-booting allowing it starts in less than 20 seconds using Lenovo’s RapidBoot technology4.
Moreover, built-in self-help tools like Rescue and Recovery and Access Connections help decrease calls to school IT support, allowing students to recover damaged files and to store and connect easily to different WiFi networks.
Lenovo ThinkPad X130e Specifications
- 11.6-inch HD LED display
- Intel Core i3-2367M /AMD Fusion E300 / AMD Fusion E450
- Up to 8 GB DIMM
- Up to 500GB Hard Drive
- 10/100/1000 gigabit ethernet port
- Qualcomm Gobi 3000 / Ericsson F5521gw mobile broadband module
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/N
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Island-style keyboard, UltraNav with TrackPoint and MultiGesture ClickPad
- HD audio
- Built mic-in
- Stereo speakers
- 4-in-1 card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
- Low light-sensitive webcam (640 x 480)
- 6-cell Li-Ion 62.4 WHr /3-cell Li-Ion 31.2 WHr
- Dim: 293.4 mm (11.5”) x 216 mm (8.5”) x 32.8 mm (1.29”)
- Weight : 1.78 kg
– 1 x HDMI 1.4
– 1 x VGA
– 3 x USB 2.0 (one powered USB)
– 1 x microphone/speaker combo jack
– 1 x Gigabit Ethernet
The Lenovo ThinkPad X130e laptop will be available starting Feburary 2012 for the starting price of US $469 or about Rs. 25,000. There is no news about its availability in India, as yet.