Transcend today announced the launch of its Transcend 2.5-inch Solid State Drives (SSD) lineup in India market, with increased data transfer speeds of 250MB/s and enhanced maximum storage capacities up to 250GB offering dynamic performance boost that translates into significantly faster system boot up and application launch speed, while offering the lag-free responsiveness and stability.
Offering performance-minded enthusiasts a perfect combination of speed, high-capacity storage and long-term reliability, the Transcend 2.5-inch SATA SSDs are ideal for use with industrial computers, netbooks, notebooks and high-end gaming PCs.
To boost overall performance, the new Transcend 2.5-inch SATA SSDs features an upgraded controller chip which in addition to utilizing a DRAM buffer delivers a maximum sequential transfer speed of 230MB/s data read and 180 MB/s data write.
The Transcend’s new 2.5-inch SATA SSDs offers dramatically improved performance that translates into significantly faster system boot up and application launch speed, while offering the lag-free responsiveness and stability necessary for storage-intensive computing and high-end gaming systems.
For maximum compatibility with the latest versions of Windows and Linux operating systems, the new Transcend 2.5-inch SATA SSDs fully support the TRIM command, which is essential to maintain optimum write speeds, and also reduces long-term SSD wear.
The Transcend 2.5-inch SATA SSDs now features enhanced maximum storage capacity of up to 250GB, making them large enough to store operating systems, applications and more.
Although the 2.5-inch form factor is commonly associated with notebook storage, Transcend’s new 2.5-inch SATA SSDs can also be installed in desktop computers to improve performance and reliability.
In addition, Transcend now offers an SSD Desktop Upgrade Kit to provide desktop users an easy SSD upgrade solution that does not require replacing their existing hardware.
The 2.5-in SATA SSD also includes Transcend SSD Desktop Upgrade kit which includes everything a desktop user needs to install and start using a new SSD in just minutes, including a 32GB 2.5-inch SATA interface SSD, a 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch mounting bracket, SATA data and power cables and Acronis True Image HD disk cloning software.
- Faster OS boot-up and data access
- Ultra-fast sequential read speeds of up to 250MB/s
- Shock resistant and 50% lighter than standard hard drives
- Easy to install in PCs and notebooks
- Fully SATA II compatible
- Support Trim command
- Non-volatile Flash Memory for outstanding data retention
- Built–in ECC (Error Correction Code) functionality and wear-leveling algorithm ensures highly reliable of data transfer
Price and Availability
Available in 120GB and 250GB capacities, the Transcend 2.5-inch SATA SSD is available for Rs. 19,758 in 120GB capacity and is backed by a three-year warranty and incorporate innovative tamper-resistant features to guarantee authenticity, including an anti-counterfeit Transcend logo security hologram and tamper-evident seals. Please visit in.transcend-info.com for more details.
- Transcend Upgrades 2.5-inch Solid State Drive (SSDs) Lineup with Speed Enhancements and Maximum Capacity
- Transcend Upgrades 2.5-inch Solid State Drive (SSDs) Lineup in India with Speed Enhancements and Maximum Capacity
- Transcend Launches 2.5-inch SATA III Powered SSD320 Solid State Drive
- Transcend mSATA and Half-slim Solid State Drive for Small Form Factor Devices Launched in India
- Corsair Launches F90 (90GB) and F180 (180GB) Force Series Solid State Drives (SSDs) in India
- Transcend MSM610 mSATA Mini SSD for Tablets and Portable Devices
- OCZ 1.8-Inch Onyx and Vertex-2 SSDs Launched
- Intel Launched Affordable X25-V Value SATA Solid State Drive (SSD)
- WD Launches Fast & Rugged SiliconDrive N1x 2.5-inch Solid State Drives (SSD)