Nikon Corp, a dominant leader in global digital SLR market, has today indicated that it plans to enter the mirrorless digital camera which are light-weight in design and incorporates interchangeable-lens system without the mirrors.
Nikon has hinted that its first in the series of mirrorless digital camera would be ready for release in market by end of this year.
The mirrorless digital camera which would also include built-in lens system is estimated to be priced at about $1000 or less that seems at par with existing mirrorless digital camera offerings from other vendors in market today.
The conventional high-end single-lens-reflex cameras (non digital), utilizes mirrors to enable photographers look through an optical viewfinder which compared with an LCD, helps users see a more accurate representation of the images they shoot, to avoid time lags between shots.
On the other hand, the mirrorless interchangeable-lens digital camera (MILC) is an emerging class of digital cameras which falls in between digital single-lens sensors (DSLRs) and compact digital cameras (CDCs) and they feature large digital sensors, no mirrors and interchangeable lenses in a compact size device that is capable of delivering DSLR quality picture quality.
In the mirrorless SLRs electronic sensors send the data directly to the LCD screen which now also works as viewfinder without requiring the lenses in a conventional view finder.
The mirrorless interchangeable-lens digital camera (MILC) are also knows as mirrorless system camera, compact system camera, digital single lens mirrorless camera, digital interchangeable lens system etc.
Despite dominating the global digital SLR market, Nikon was seen to shun away from entering the category of mirrorless interchangeable-lens digital cameras, which was pioneered by Panasonic Corp in 2008 and today been adopted by almost all the established camera manufacturing like Olympus, Sony, Pentax, Panasonic, Ricoh and Samsung except Canon and Nikon.
- Nikon Launches AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Panasonic Introduces World’s First Interchangeable 3D Lens For LUNIX G Series Cameras
- Nikon Launches AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Primary Lens
- Samsung Launches NX10 – World’s First Interchangeable-Lens APS-C Digital Single Lens Camera
- Nikon Launches AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Lens
- Samsung NX11 Compact Digital Camera Launched; Also supports new iFUnction Lens
- Nikon Launches AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G FX-Format Mid-Telephoto Prime Lens
- Sigma Launches optically stabilized APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens
- Sony NEX-5 and NEX-3 Digital Camera Launched in India