Acer has expanded its popular line of netbook in India market to include yet another version of its popular Acer Aspire One series netbook, the Acer Aspire One Happy 2 ultra-light netBook, which is powered by new seconds generation Intel Atom N570 processor and comes in four attractive colors preloaded with Google Android and Microsoft Windows 7 OS in Dual boot setup..
Sporting a new look, the Acer Aspire One Happy 2 netbook’s cover features a bright and shiny finish with a textured liquid “water ripple” pattern, heightening visual and tactile appeal.
The palm rest and rear mirror strip are adorned by the same attractive flake pattern as the front cover for a stunningly stylish look inside and out and the back cover, as good looking as the front one, and the transparent power button, portraying a floating effect, complete the glamorous design that sparkles with class wherever it goes.
This revolutionary new ultra-light and small screen size of 10.1-inch netBook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The Acer Aspire One Happy netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
The Acer Aspire One Happy 2 like previously introduced Acer Aspire One and Acer Aspire One AOD150 ultra-portable laptops is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called ‘netBook‘ and it perhaps offers one of the best configurations currently available in the entire mini-laptop computing segment and offers great value for money.
The new Acer Aspire One Happy 2 netBook is ultra-thin and light weight in design, offering up to 8 hours battery life, optimal performance, all-round connectivity and a fresh, new look, all combine to create a stunning device that is the perfect companion for on-the-go daily use.
The cute little Aspire One Happy 2 netbook is available in choose of four trendy colour options. With unique names such as “Banana Cream,” “Blueberry Shake,” “Papaya Milk,” and “Strawberry Yogurt,” the Aspire One Happy 2 netbooks bring a new sense of fun and style to the ultra-light, mobile PC experience.
The dual OS boot Acer Aspire One Happy 2 netbook boots first into Google Android OS (termed as ‘instant on’ boot option) in less than 15 seconds and is capable of shutting off the system in about 3 seconds making it lightning fast device for accessing internet and get online using Firefox in Android. The netbook allows switching to Windows 7 from Android and vice-versa on demand. Acer software on the device, called Acer Configuration Manager for Android, controls which OS will initially boot into and then load other OS.
Ultra-thin (only 24 mm) and ultra-light – 1.25 kg for models with 6-cell battery pack, the Aspire One Happy 2 netBook is powered by ultra low voltage dual-core Intel Atom N570 Processor and it it features Intel Mobile Intel 945 GSE express chipset mainboard, choice of 1-GB DDR3 RAM upgradeable to maximum of 2-GB using a single soDIMM modules, and 250-GB 5400 rpm internal hard disk drive.
Dual boot Microsoft Windows 7 Starter and Google Android Acer Aspire One Happy 2 netbook has 10.1-inch (25.65 cm) Widescreen (200-nit) WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LED backlit display which offers maximum of 1024 x 600 pixel resolution powered by integrated Mobile Intel GMA 3150 Graphics Chipset with up to 128 MB of shared video memory supporting Microsoft DirectX 9, Dual independent display support with upto 16.7 million colors, making it ideal for web chatting, web browsing and video streaming. Plus, the display is LED backlit and ensures 22.2% power savings compared with other netbook displays.
The Acer Aspire One Happy 2 netbook comes with integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 3945BG network connection offering dual-mode 802.11b/g wireless technology with Acer InviLink with Acer-SignalUp technolofy. In addition, it also offers integrated 10/100 mbps Ethernet LAN card for wired networking. In addition, it is also equipped with internal Bluetooth 3.0+HS wireless connection. There is no internal modem.
Plus, Acer SignalUp antenna technology provides enhanced transmission and reception, and Acer InviLink Nplify handles multiple large content files simultaneously.
Available in choice of four colors the Acer Aspire One Happy 2 dual boot netBook also offers built-in Acer OrbiCam integrated VGA resolution (640 x 480 pixels) CMOS Swivel webcam and built-in microphone providing easy video conferencing via VoIP and video IM chats. The Acer Crystal Eye webcam supports enhanced Acer PrimaLiteT technology for superior low-light performance.
Acer Aspire One Happy 2 also offers Acer’s Audio Management suite which allows one to optimize listening experience for movies, music or games. Easy-launch buttons offer one-touch access to important features.
The Acer Aspire One Happy 2 features highly responsive 93% standard-size keyboard, with larger keys for more comfortable typing is complemented by the wider multi-gesture touchpad, which is perfect for scrolling documents, rotating images, zooming and browsing, all with fingertip convenience.
Weighing 1.25 kgs, the new ulra-portable notebook also sports integrated 5-in-1 Media Card Reader which supports Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD) and the notebook comes with 44.6 W 4000 mAh Li-ion 6-cell battery which offers upto 8 hours battery life.
Some other features of Acer Aspire One Happy 2 netBook includes 3 USB v2.0 ports, type II PC Card slot, S-video TV out, Intel High Definition audio with 2 built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers and Built-in omnidirectional microphone.
- 3 x Hi-Speed USB v2.0 – 4 pin USB Type A
- PC Card slot (Type II)
- 5-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)
- RJ-11 modem/fax/tel line
- Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX – RJ-45
- External display / video – VGA – 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
- S-video/TV-out (NTSC/PAL) port
- Line-in/microphone – mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Audio line-out/headphones – mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
- Audio line-in – mini-phone 3.5 mm
Acer Aspire One Happy 2 Netbook PC Features
- Intel Atom N570 Dual-Core Processor
- 1MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB
- Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset
- 1-GB DDR3 ( 2GB Max)
- 250-GB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Disk Drive
- 10.1-inch (25.65 cm), WSVGA CrystalBrite LED backlit Transflective display, 1024 x 600 pixels resolution
- Integrated Intel Mobile GMA 3150 Graphics with shared video memory
- Intel WiFi network connection, 802.11b/g Wireless LAN connection, Acer InviLink with “Acer SignalUp”
- Integrated Bluetooth v2.0 . v3.0 (optional)
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN connection
- Touchpad pointing device
- Acer OrbiCam integrated VGA resolution 640 x 480 pixels CMOS camera
- Two built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers
- Built-in microphone
- 5-in-1 card reader, supporting Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD)
- 1 x Type II PC Card slot
- AC/MC 97 soundcard and modem
- 3 USB 2.0 ports
- S-Video TV Out
- Colors: Black, Blue and Red
- Dual OS – Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home and Google Android OS Preinstalled
- 44.6W 4000 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery, 7.5 hours life
- Dimension (WxDxH): 259 x 213 x 33 mm
- Weight: 1.25 Kgs
Price and availability
The Acer Aspire One Happy 2 netbooks would soon be vailable in India for an estimated price of Rs. 15,900 (plus taxes) with one year limited local and International Traveler (Carry-in) Warranty. Visit www.acer.co.in for more details.
- New Acer Aspire One Happy Netbook Offers Dual OS Boot: Android & Windows 7
- Acer Aspire One D250 Netbook with Dual OS Launched in India
- New Acer One 532h NetBook With Atom N450 Now Available
- Acer Unveils Aspire One AOD255 Netbook with Dual OS Boot: Android & Windows XP
- Acer Aspire One D260 Netbook with Dual OS Boot (Android & Windows 7) Option Launched
- Acer Launches Aspire One AO533 Netbook Powered by Intel ATOM Processor
- Acer Launches Aspire One AOD260 Netbook Powered by Intel ATOM Processor
- Acer Aspire One AOD150 NetBook With 10-inch Display
- Acer Aspire One D250 Ultra-light Netbook