Corsair has announced the FORCE Series 3 family of solid-state drives (SSD) featuring a brand new powerful SandForce SF-2281 solid state drive processor that helps delivers data via SATA III at 6-GB/s transfer rate.
The Corsair Force Series 3 solid state drives are equipped with the new SATA 6.0 Gb/s (SATA 3) interface that promises to deliver impressive speed at an attractive price.
The Corsair Force Series 3 solid state drives features the latest-generation SandForce SF-2281 SSD Processor that offers read and write data speeds of up to 550 MB/s and 520 MB/s respectively, and has an impressive 85000K IOPS for measurably faster system response, boot times and application load times than the prevailing SATA 2 solid-state drives.
Backward compatible with SATA 2 interface, the new Corsair Force Series 3 solid state drives are 2.5-inch wide, the same size as notebook hard drives. An adapter is included for mounting in standard desktop PC 3.5-inch drive bays allowing both desktop and notebook PC users install and enjoy the cool, quiet operation and enhanced system performance made possible by replacing their traditional mechanical hard drive with an SSD.
Since Solid State Drives does not have any moving parts as in traditional HDDs, they can handle shock, vibration and temperature changes far in excess of traditional hard drives which is so much important for desktop PCs, and essential for notebooks.
In addition, traditional mechanical hard disk drives spin at 7200 revolutions per minute which takes power, and generates noise and a whole lot of heat. Solid State Drives have no moving parts, as a result there’s no noise or vibration, and the lower power consumption helps keep things cool inside your PC.
Corsair Force Series 3 solid state drives features
- 2.5-inch wide
- 3.5-inch adapter for desktop PCs
- Interface: SATA 3 6Gb/s
- SATA 3 6Gb/s data transfer rate
- Backward compatible with SATA II and SATA I
- Storage technology: Asynchronous NAND
- Operating temperature: 0° C to +70° C
- Storage temperature: -20° C to +85° C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (0° to +40° C)
- Maximum Operating Altitude: 3,048 m (up to 10,000 ft.)
- Maximum Non-Operative Altitude: 12,192 m (up to 40,000 ft.)
- Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, and XP; Macintosh OS X; Linux
Price: The Corsair Force Series 3 solid state drives will be available worldwide this month for $139 USD for the 60GB model, $219 USD for the 120GB model and $499 USD for the 240GB model.
- Corsair Launches F90 (90GB) and F180 (180GB) Force Series Solid State Drives (SSDs) in India
- Intel Launched Affordable X25-V Value SATA Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Transcend SSD18C3 Portable SSD with USB 3.0 Launched in India
- Transcend 192-GB Solid State Drive Launched
- Seagate Momentus XT 2.5-inch Solid State Hybrid Drive Launched
- Strontium Launches World’s Fastest Matrix Series SSDs and Mainstream Gamma Series SSDs in India
- ADATA Announces S511 Solid State Drive in Up to 480-GB Capacity
- Toshiba Launches Industry’s First 1.8-inch MKxx39GSL Series Hard Drives With LIF-SATA Connectors
- OCZ Unveils Synapse Cache Series Solid State Drive in India