Sony Ericsson has recently launched in India its Xperia 2011 series handsets in India markets that includes Sony Xperia ARC Smartphone and Sony Xperia PLAY Smartphone and now it has released its latest flagship mobile device, the Sony Xperia NEO Smartphone which is based on 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and features 3.7-inch multi-touch screen, and 8.1 megapixel camera with 720p HD video recording capability.
Powered by the latest version of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS with Sony’s Timescape user interface, the Sony Xperia NEO Android smartphone which succeeds Sony Xperia X10, boasts of the stunning design with super slim and light weight body and is just 8.7mm thick at its thinnest part.
The Sony Xperia NEO smartphone is 3G UMTS HSDPA 900, 2100; UMTS HSDPA 850, 1900, 2100 and quad-band GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 network ready and is powered by 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon single-core processor along with Adreno 205 graphics chipset delivering fast and crisp graphical performance.
The Xperia NEO smartphone has a wide 3.7-inch 854 x 480 pixel FWVGA multi-touch capacitive screen with 16 million colors made from shatter proof sheet on scratch-resistant mineral glass for extra protection and includes Accelerometer for auto-display rotation, and Proximity sensor.
Created from premium materials and with a stunning arc body, the Sony Xperia NEO smartphone is sleek, and strong which also boasts of Reality Display with SONY Mobile BRAVIA Engine delivers exceptional visual brilliance and a crystal clear image which enhances the overall entertainment experience.
The Xperia NEO comes with 320MB internal memory along with 512MB RAM and features microSD card slot supporting up to 32GB expandable external memory. A 8GB microSD card comes with the phone.
In addition, the Sony Xperia NEO smartphone features 8.1 megapixel camera featuring Sony’s award-winning Exmor R for mobile sensor with the f/2.4 lens enables the capture of high quality, bright pictures and HD videos even in low light. Captured pictures and videos can be shared in HD on HD compatible TV via the built in HDMI-connector.
The 8.1 megapixel camera has 3264 x 2448 pixel still picture resolution, offers up to 2.46x smart zoom, aperture f/2.4, Auto focus, Face detection, Flash/LED, Geo tagging, image stabilizer, noise suppression, smile detection, touch focus, and touch capture features.
The camera is capable of video recording in 720p HD resolution at 30 fps with continuous auto-focus and LED flash light. Unlike Sony’s both the other Xperia 2011 series smartphones launched earlier, the Xperia NEO smartphone includes a secondary front-facing camera for video calling.
Powered by 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon Processor with Adreno 205 graphics chipset, Sony Xperia NEO smartphone will launch on the latest version of the Android platform 2.3 providing access to Google Mobile Services and the myriad of applications available on the Android market. Some of the services available includes:
- Android Market Client
- Google Calendar
- Google Gallery 3D
- Google Latitude
- Google Maps with Street View
- Google Media Uploader
- Google Music Player
- Google Phone-top Search
- Google Search widget
- Google Sync
- Google Talk
- Google Voice Search
- Set-up Wizard
For connectivity, Xperia NEO smartphone offers GPRS class 10, EDGE Class 10, 3G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, and 3G HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, in addition to built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/N wireless network support along with Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, and hi-speed microUSB 2.0 port.
Other hardware features include active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, WiFi Hotspot, DLNA compatible, 3.5 mm audio jack, GPS with aGPS support, HDMI out port, and FM Radio with RDS, audio and video media players.
The Xperia NEO comes with 1500 mAh Li-Po battery that can provide up to 7 hrs of talktime or up to 30 hrs of nonstop music play.
Sony Ericsson Xperia NEO – Key Features
- 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon Processor with Adreno 205 graphics chipset
- Wide 3.7-inch multi-touch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine to ensure ultimate multimedia and viewing experiences, 854 x 480 pixels (FWVGA) resolution
- Sony Exmor R for mobile: for best-in-class low-light photography and video capture
- 8.1 megapixel rear-view camera
- Video recording in 720p HD resolution
- 320MB internal memory, 512MB RAM
- microSD slot, 32GB expandable storage
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
- Android Market – thousands of applications to keep you entertained
- GPRS, EDGE
- WiFi 802.11b/g/N, DLNA, WiFi Hotspot
- GPS with aGPS
- 1500 mAh Li-Po battery
- Size: 116 x 57 x 13 mm
- Weight: 126 grams
Price and Availability
Sony Ericsson Xperia NEO Android smartphone will soon be available in India for the price of about Rs. 24,500 with one year warranty in the Blue Gradient, Silver and Red colors.
- Sony Xperia ARC Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 32,000
- Sony Xperia SL Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India
- Sony Xperia ARC Smartphone Announced With Android 2.3; Features 4.2-inch Screen
- Sony Xperia PLAY Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 35,000
- Sony Xperia X10 Mini Pro Smartphone Announces Powered by Android 1.6 & Featuring QWERTY Keyboard
- Sony Xperia X10 Mini Smartphone Powered by Google Android 1.6 OS Announced
- Best Google Android Powered Smartphones
- Sony Xperia X8 Smartphone Powered by Google Android 2.1 OS Announced
- Sony Xperia acro S, Waterproof Android Smartphone Announced