Sony India has announced that starting 8th April, it would be slashing the price of PlayStation Portable (PSP) console in India by almost 15% to a more affordable Rs. 7,999 from the present price of Rs. 9,450.
This PSP price cut seems to a good initiative from Sony in India just ahead of the much hyped and eagerly awaited next generation of PlayStation Portable console dubbed as NGP slated for this year-end launch.
Sony India has also announced that this summer the company is also launching three India-centric gaming titles for India customers First there would be launch of Cart Kings that will be followed by Battle Royal, a strategy game based on characters from Amar Chitra Katha, and lastly Chandragupta Warriors.
On the Sony’s next generation portable PlayStation console NGP, Atindriya Bose, country manager, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe said, “There are rumours in the market that we may not be able to deliver the NGP by the yearend due to the Japan tragedy. Right now, we have not pressed the panic button and the company has not yet taken any decision regarding delaying the launch. We assure the console will be available in Asia as soon as it gets launched in Europe,” he added.
While Sony NGP’s launch is seeing delays, the Sony’s rival Nintendo has already launched its next generation Nintendo 3DS portable video game console in Japan and Europe in early March 2011 and is also launched in India just few days back via Game4U for Rs. 21,990 with 6-months distributor warranty. The gaming device allows users to play games and see movies in 3D experience without the need of special 3D glasses and is already enjoying healthy sales across the world and in India.
Nintendo 3DS portable gaming device comes with a 3.53-inch top screen and a 3.02-inch bottom touch screen. It has three cameras – one inner and two outer – to deliver the 3D effect and take 3D pictures.
Nintendo 3DS portable gaming device also includes a motion sensor, a gyro sensor and even a Slide Pad that allows 360-degree analog input.
- Nintendo Introduces 3DS Glasses-Free 3D Portable Video Game Console
- Plantronics Launches GameCom P90 Bluetooth Headset for Playstation 3 Game Console
- Sony Announces PS3 Game Console With 160GB and 320GB Hard Disk Drives
- SteelSeries Launches Siberia V2 LiveMix Headphones For PS3 Game Console
- Logitech Introduces Z506 Surround 5.1 Speaker System
- Microsoft Plans To Launch ‘Xbox 360′ Around Diwali 2006
- Buffalo Unveils DriveStation AV, Plus-n-Play Media Storage Device
- Microsoft To Launch Xbox 360 In India
- NITHO Docking Station for PS3 Slim Consoles Launched