LG today unveiled the LG Optimus 2X Android Smartphone, in India market which is the world’s first smartphone powered by a true dual-core processor NVIDIA Tegra 2, that delivers more powerful multimedia features, and makes for faster, smoother web browsing and applications besides lets users multitask with virtually no screen lag.
While most of today’s advanced smartphones like Motorola Droid X, Samsung Galaxy S, Apple iPhone 4 and like are powered by single-core 1GHz processors, the new LG Optimus 2X smartphone comes with 1GHz dual-core Tegra 2 processor from graphics solution powerhouse NVIDIA and the smartphone is expected to be widely available across India by end of April 2011 for an estimated MRP of Rs. 30,000 with one year warranty.
The dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 system-on-a-chip in the LG Optimus 2X runs at a clock speed of 1GHz and boasts low power consumption and high performance for playing video and audio.
According to LG, the NVIDIA Tegra 2 chip will provide up to twice faster web browsing and up to five times faster gaming performance as against prevailing single-core 1GHz chips.
Users will experience faster web browsing and smoother gameplay compared with single-core processors running at the same speed as well as instantaneous touch response and seamless multitasking between applications.
The LG Optimus 2X Android smartphone (also known as Optimus G2X or Optimus SU660 in other markets) offers full 1080p HD video playback and recording with HDMI mirroring that expands content on external displays to full HD quality while a typical single-core processor can only play (and record) 720p HD resolution video.
The LG Optimus 2X is equipped with a large 4-inch WVGA 480 x 800 pixel IPS TFT Capacitive touchscreen display made with Gorilla Glass, typical of high-end Android phones these days, which is 16 million colors capable, and includes Accelerometer sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyro Sensor and Digital Compass.
The phone also features regular backlit Android controls at the bottom of the display offering functions like menu, home, back and Google search and has HDMI digital out port along with a regular 3.5mm audio out port on the top. The handset includes built-in two speakers located at the bottom part of the device.
The phone will initially be released with Android 2.2 (Froyo) and will be upgradeable to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). The upgrade schedule will be announced in local markets in due course.
LG Optimus 2X would be available with 8GB internal memory which can be expanded to maximum of 32GB via microSDHC card and it features 8 megapixel rear camera having 3264 x 2448 pixel still picture resolution with auto-focus and LED flash and includes a 1.3 megapixel front camera for video calling.
For connectivity, the LG Optimux 2X smartphone offers GPRS Class 10, EDGE Class 10, 3G HSDPA, HSUPA, WiFi 802.11b/g/N with DLNA and microUSB 2.0 port for wired connectivity.
The LG Optimus 2X can connect wirelessly to any DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatible digital device such as HD TVs for a console-like gaming experience taking full advantage of the phone’s HDMI mirroring, accelerometer and gyro sensor.
Key Specifications of LG Optimus 2X Smartphone:
- Tri-band GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G HSDPA
- 1Ghz Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 System-on-chip Processor
- 4-inch WVGA 480 x 800 pixel IPS TFT Capacitive Touchscreen display, 16 million colors
- Accelerometer sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Gyro Sensor
- Digital Compass
- 8GB internal memory
- microSD card supporting up to 32GB
- Android v2.2 Froyo, Upgradable to Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 8 megapixel rear camera, 3264 x 2448 pixel resolution, auto-focus, LED flash
- 1.3 megapixel front camera for video calling
- Full HD 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 playback and recording
- Audio media player, MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ files
- GPS with A-GPS, Google Maps 5.0 with 3D landscapes and compass view
- HDMI mirroring
- GPRS Class 10
- EDGE Class 10
- 3G HSDPA, HSUPA
- WiFi 802.11b/g/N with DLNA
- microUSB 2.0 port
- Dim – 123.9 x 63.2 x 10.9 mm
- Weight – 139 gms
- 1500 mAh Battery
Price and Availability
The LG Optimus 2X Android smartphone comes with a hefty 1500mAh battery that should allow up to a single day typical use and would be widely available across India for the price of Rs. 30,000 with warranty starting end of April 2011 or early next month.
- LG Optimus 2X Android Smartphone Announced; Featuring 1GH Dual-Core NVIDIA Tigra 2 Processor
- LG Optimus PAD 8.9-inch Tablet PC Announced; Features 3D Camera
- LG Optimus T Smartphone Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo Launched
- LG Optimus 3D P920 Android Smartphone Unveiled at Mobile World Congress 2011
- LG OPTIMUS GT540 Android Power Smartphone Announced
- LG Optimus S Smartphone Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo Launched
- LG Optimus 3D Smartphone Includes YouTube 3D Video Application
- LG Optimus One P500 Smartphone Powered by Android 2.2 Froyo Launched in India
- LG Optimus Black P970 Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 27,000