QNAP Systems today announced expansion of their popular Business Series lineup of Turbo NAS Servers, with the introduction of the new QNAP TS-x59 Pro II series: the 4-drive TS-459 Pro II, the 5-drive TS-559 Pro II, and the 6-drive TS-659 Pro II NAS Servers in India market.
The brand new business series TS-x59 Pro II series models are an ideal solution for high performance, cross-platform file sharing, and the most comprehensive iSCSI/IP-SAN storage solution available for virtualization environment.
The QNAP TS-x59 Pro II series of NAS server lineup is powered by the powerful yet energy-efficient dual-core Intel Atom D525 processor running at 1.8GHz speed and features 1GB of DDR III SDRAM that is expandable to 3GB maximum and packs powerful features in to a conveniently compacted small machine format, which can be easily deployed and quietly operate in a typical office environment, even without a server room.
In addition, all the new QNAP TS-x59 Pro II series models viz. 4-drive TS-459 Pro II, 5-deive TS-559 Pro II and 6-drive TS-659 Pro II NAS servers are the first in the industry to support SATA 6Gb/s hard drives and offers support for new USB 3.0 ultra-highspeed ports, ensuring internal and external hard drives deliver the highest performance possible.
The QNAP TS-x59 Pro II series servers models also comes bundled with the new V3.4 of QNAP’s renowned NAS management software, supporting all-in-one server applications such as file sharing, FTP server, printer sharing (LAN and Internet), web server, and even video surveillance.
In addition, all models are equipped with advanced features that include backup to cloud storage including real-time synchronization of any changed files stored on the NAS to the cloud with versioning control, Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) for disaster recovery and ease of content delivery among HQ and branches, advanced access right control for ease of management, and much more.
The QNAP TS-x59 Pro II family NAS server is capable of supporting up to 18TB of networked storage, using 3TB drives in TS-659 Pro II, and features hot-swappable drives, RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 6, 5+ hot spare, 6+ hot spare, 10+ hot spare or JBOD, online RAID capacity expansion and online RAID level migration for data redundancy, dual Gigabit LAN ports with failover and load-balancing.
The QNAP TS-x59 Pro II family is fully VMware-ready, Citrix-ready, and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V clusters compliant making it ideal for virtualized environments and it also features 6 USB ports – 1 USB 3.0 front and back panel, and 4 USB 2.0 ports on back panel – and 2 e-SATA ports for expanding the storage capacity or backing up the NAS.
Price and Availability
The new QNAP TS-x59 Pro II NAS server family will be available beginning in April from popular resellers, distributors, and Retailers globally. The TS-x59 series has been priced as follows:
- TS-459 PRO II – Rs. 59,000 excl. of taxes
- TS-559 PRO II – Rs. 67,000 excl. of taxes
- TS-659 PRO II – Rs. 75,000 excl. of taxes
- THECUS Offers 1U4500 – Ultra-high Performance 1U Storage Server for SMB in India
- HP ProLiant ML350 G5 Server
- Lenovo Introduces Dual Processor ThinkServer RD230, RD240 Rack Servers & TD230 Tower Server
- HP ProLiant ML115 Desktop Server
- Buffalo Updates DriveStation Duo and DriveStation Quad Direct Attached Storage (DAS) Solutions
- Seagate Introduces BlackArmor NAS 400 Customizable Network Storage Server
- Seagate Launches Savvio 10K.2 and Barracuda ES hard drives
- PNY Releases in India City Series Attaché USB Flash Drives
- Toshiba Launches Industry’s First 1.8-inch MKxx39GSL Series Hard Drives With LIF-SATA Connectors