Kingston has today launched in India its first microSDHC Class 10 memory card, which is available in up to 16GB storage capacity and is ideal mobile storage solution for entertainment and business applications as smartphone use integrates into everyday life.
As the mobile phone has transitioned from a simple voice device to a powerful multifunctional tool and been increasingly used to email, listen to music, take hundreds of photos and watch movies, there is an increasing demand for more and more expandable memory.
Compact size, incredible transfer speed and massive storage capacity of the Kingston’s microSDHC class 10 memory cards is ideal for growing expandable storage needs of users in their latest smartphones which are gradually becomes an integrated center of mobile communication, social networking, commerce, and learning.
Only one tenth the size of an SDHC card, the Kingston microSDHC Class 10 cards feature the top-of-the-line Class 10 speed rating with the maximum transfer rate of 20 MB/s on devices supporting SD 3.0 and such high-speed performance not only enables consecutive shooting, but also allows smooth HD recording.
Fully complaint to the SD Association Specification 2.00 (class 4), the Kingston microSDHC Class 10 memory cards offers guaranteed minimum data transfer rate of 20 MB/sec. making it suitable for the latest smartphones, and all types of point and shoot digital cameras.
Kingston claims that the microSDHC Class 10 card has performed flawlessly when tested on the latest crop of smartphones including the HTC Evo 4G and Shadow; Motorola Droid X; RIM (BlackBerry) Bold 9000; and, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant.
The Kingston 16GB microSDHC class 10 cards can store up to 6552 pictures (based on 5 megapixel JPEG compression format), over 88 hours of standard quality video (MPEG-4 video at 384 Kbps), or 240 minutes of HD video (AVCHD at 9 Mbps), providing photography enthusiasts with sufficient space for their high-resolution digital masterpieces
Available in 4GB, 8GB and 16GB storage capacities, the Kingston microSDHC class 10 memory card is available with a variety of adapters including SD and miniSD, allowing one card to be used in several devices.
As a bonus, Kingston is shipping the microSDHC Class 10 memory cards with a small USB reader for convenient data transfers.
Kingston microSDHC Class 10 Features and Specifications
- Compliant: with the SD Specification Version 2.00 (Class 4)
- Versatile: when combined with an adapter, can be used as a full-size SDHC card
- Compatible: with microSDHC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled device/readers
- File Format: FAT32
- Reliable: lifetime warranty
- Capacities: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Dimensions: 0.43″ x 0.59″ x 0.039″ (11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
- Speed: Class 10 — 10MB/sec. minimum data transfer rate
- Operating Temperature: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Weight : - 2.7 gms
Price and Availability
The Kingston microSDHC Class 10 card is expected to be available in India in early April 2011 for the price of Rs. 950 for 4GB, Rs. 1,600 for 8GB and Rs. 6,000 for 16GB storage capacity (card only). The SD adapter for these microSDHC cards is available for Rs. 50 and they are backed by a lifetime warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
- Kingston Launches 32GB microSDHC Class 4 Memory Cards
- Transcend Launches microSDHC Class 10 Memory Cards in India; Offers 20 MB/sec Speed
- Transcend Class 2 32GB microSDHC Memory Card for Mobile Phones Announced in India
- Silicon Power Launches microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card
- Kingston Launches 16-GB/32-GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card
- Kingston Launches 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Class 10 Memory Card
- Transcend Introduces New Industrial-Grade Memory Cards – microSDHC Class 10 and CF170 CompactFlash
- Kingmax Rolls Out SDHC Class 10 Memory Card in 4/8/16/32-GB Capacities
- Kingston Announces DataTraveler-310 USB Flash Drive With 256-GB Capacity