SteelSeries has announced the new SteelSeries Siberia v2 LiveMix Headphones especially designed to work with Sony Playstation3 (PS3) game console. Also compatible with Xbox 360, PC and Mac, the new headphones provides gamers with superior design and construct.
Announced at CeBIT 2011, Germany, the SteelSeries Siberia v2 headset is the successor to SteelSeries Siberia Full-size headset, and now features enhanced comfort through its leather earcups and over-the-head, lightweight suspension; impressive audio reproduction with for optimal directional sounds; along with the convenience of independent audio/voice volume, and the new, multi-level settings of SteelSeries LiveMix.
The lightweight SteelSeries Siberia v2 headphones for Sony PS3 features 50mm driver units for crystal clear sound reproduction and mid-range ensures quality output for multiple uses.
The SteelSeries Siberia v2 headset also includes retractable microphone system that picks up clear, unidirectional voice communication and can be easily stored in the left earcup when not being used.
The new SteelSeries Siberia v2 headphones for PS3 also features an in-line AudioMixer with controls build into the cord itself that allows users control independent voice and game volume as well as SteelSeries LiveMix features.
In addition, the in-line remote also allows the LiveMix feature of the headphone accessible to all platforms from Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 to PC and Mac.
The SteelSeries Siberia v2 headset also allows gamers have the ability to select between four LiveMix settings from OFF to HIGH and provides 4 levels of LiveMix that ranges from OFF, which is unaltered in-game and voice sound to LOW (game sound is reduced by 5db when your teammates are talking), MEDIUM (game sound is reduced by 15db), to HIGH (game sound is reduced by 25db). This enables users with the ability to control how much of the game sound they want to hear balanced over the voice communication.
The SteelSeries Siberia v2 headphones comes with a 12 feet long cord that also includes a USB connection for power, audio, and microphone connection on PS3 and Xbox 360 and also includes a universal 3.5mm audio connections for PC and Mac connection.
Also includes with the headset is a standard RCA cable connectors allowing users analog stereo connection to the home TV and for Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming console compatibility, the Siberia v2 headset also includes the SteelSeries AudioMixer connection allowing for voice compatibility through the Xbox 360 controller, while other platform voice compatibility happens through the USB or 3.5mm connections.
- Frequency response: 18 – 28.000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ohm
- SPL@ 1kHz, 1 Vrms: 112 dB
- Cable length: 1 + 2 = 3 m (9,8 ft.)
- Jacks: 3,5 mm
- Frequency response: 50 – 16.000 Hz
- Pick up pattern: Uni-directional
- Sensitivity: -38 dB
The SteelSeries Siberia v2 headphones for Sony Playstation3 will be available starting in July for $119.99 / €119.99 MSRP or about Rs. 5,400. For more information about the headset check and high-res images, check out http://steelseries.com.
- Logitech F540 Wireless Headset For PS3 and Xbox 360 Launched; Offers Voice Chat & Game Audio
- Plantronics Launches GameCom X95 Wireless Stereo Headset for Xbox 360
- Plantronics Launches GameCom X40 Wired Stereo Headset for Xbox 360
- Epic Games and EA Announces ‘Bulletstorm Epic Edition’ for Xbox 360 Video Game Console
- Microsoft Plans To Launch ‘Xbox 360′ Around Diwali 2006
- Microsoft Unveils ‘Kinect’ for Xbox 360 – Allows Users Direct Xbox With Body Movements
- Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset Launched; Offers 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound,
- Zebronics ZEB3100-HMV Corded Headphones Launched in India
- Genius Unleashes MORDAX – Universal Amplified Gaming Headset for PC, Mac, Xbox and PS3