Samsung in partnership with Vodafone has announced the next generation of its populat Tablet, the Samsung GALAXY Tab 1.1 (P7100) Tablet PC, that is powered by a powerful 1GHz Tegra 2, Dual Core ARM cortex processor from NVIDIA and runs Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) designed to deliver the ultimate mobile entertainment experience.
Powered by the powerful 1GHz Dual-Core TEGRA 2 Cortex ARM processor with PowerVR SGX540 chipset that offers support for enhanced multimedia features, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 runs on Android 3.0 Honeycomb Operating System with support for Adobe Flash 10.1, and is company’s first tablet devices, representing a new category of mobile products for Samsung.
Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7100 Tablet’s Dual Core Tegra 2 processor, low power DDR2 memory and 6860mAh battery, make the device ideal for task management in an energy efficient way.
With the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 P7100 Tablet Device, users are able to experience PC-like web-browsing and enjoy all forms of multimedia content on the perfectly sized 10.1-inch display, wherever they go. Moreover, users can continuously communicate via e-mail, voice and video call, SMS/MMS or social network with the optimised user interface.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7100) features a 10.1-inch WXGA TFT LCD touchscreen display with crystal clear resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, delivering exciting mobile experience for watching films, viewing pictures, e-reading or sharing documents.
In addition, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 also boasts of internal dual surround-sound speakers delivering high quality sound on the go and allows access to hundreds of thousands of games and applications available from Android Market.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab P7100 also includes a 8 megapixel Auto-focus rear-facing digital camera capable of 1080p FullHD Video @ 24fps video recording and also includes a 2.0 megapixel front-facing camera for video calling.
The Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7100 weighs only 599 gms and at 10.9 mm thickness is lighter, slimmer and more portable than many of its competitors, meaning you are free to enjoy its many features while on the move.
For data connectivity Samsung has also included in Galaxy Tab 10.1 a super-fast HSPA+ 21Mbps, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and dual-antenna Wi-Fi as standard to increase mobile download speeds and reduce data transfer times.
The Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 P7100 Tablet Device also offers ‘Readers Hub,’ Samsung’s unique e-reading application, that provides easy access to a vast digital library – from classical literature to the latest bestsellers and reference materials and at the same time, HD video content is supported by a wide range of multimedia formats (DivX, XviD, MPEG4, H.263, H.264 and more) which maximises the joy of entertainment.
Applications of the Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 Tablet
The Samsung GALAXY Tab is packed with services and access to Android Marketplace lets users download apps and personalise their device infinitely. In addition, there are pre-loaded applications uniquely designed and optimised for Samsung smart phones and smart media devices.
Readers Hub – Samsung Readers Hub consolidates e-reading applications such as eBooks, magazines, and newspapers. Users can enjoy ‘reading’ with unified and intuitive user experience, powered by global eReading service leaders, Kobo, PressDisplay and Zinio. More than 2 million books including today’s best sellers, over 2,500 titles of magazines in 20 languages and more than 1,600 newspapers in 47 languages are available at launch and will grow the library gradually.
Google Mobile Services – Services like Google Maps Navigation (Beta) and Google Goggles are available on Google’s Android platform. With useful location-based services like Google Maps, consumers can search in Standard English instead of entering an exact address. A search-by-voice function is just as intuitive, meaning searches can also be completed easily on the go. Google Goggles is a powerful, visual search tool that uses the Samsung GALAXY Tab’s camera to uncover information – an image of a landmark or artwork is automatically used to perform a search, delivering relevant content like a description or history. In addition, with a camera, users can enjoy various augmented reality services which are downloadable in the application market.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7100 Tablet Key Specifications
- HSPA+ 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100
- EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G HSUPA 5.76Mbps
- 3G HSDPA 7.2Mbps
- Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) running TouchWiz 3.0
- 10.1-inch TFT LCD with 1280 x 800 resolution (WXGA) 16 Million Colors
- 1GHz Dual-Core TEGRA 2 Cortex ARM processor with PowerVR SGX540 chipset
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage, 512 MB RAM
- microSD expansion for up to 32GB additional storage
- Gyroscope Sensor
- Geo-magnetic Sensor
- Accelerometer for auto rotate, Light Sensor
- Multi-Touch Input, Swype Text Input
- Front-facing 2.0 megapixel camera for Video Calling
- Rear 8.0 megapixel AUTOFOCUS Camera with built-in flash, Geo Tagging
- Video recording – 1080p FullHD Video @ 24fps
- Video Playback : 1080p FullHD Video @ 30fps
- 3G HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
- 3G HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- 5GHz dual-band 802.11b/g/N WiFi LAN
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- microUSB 2.0 port
- Built-in GPS with Assisted GPS, Google Maps 3.0
- Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- 3.5 mm Audio Port
- Threaded SMS, EMAIL, Push EMAIL
- TV-Out via 3.5 mm Audio Port using special cable
- Full HD Video Playback
- Thinkfree Office App (full version) View/Edit – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, View PDF
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- 6860 mAh Li-ion battery, 10 Hours of video playback
- Dimension – 246.2 x 170.4 x 10.9mm
- Weighs 599 grams
Price and Availability
The Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 will be available starting October 2011.
- Samsung Announces Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 Tablet Device Powered by 1GHz CPU & Android 2.2
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet Powered By Android Unveiled
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Launched in India For Rs. 38,000; Pre-Order Goes Live
- Samsung Unveils Galaxy Tab 8.9 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 Tablets With WiFi Connectivity
- LG Unveils LG LU3000 Android 2.2 FroYo Powered Smartphone in Korea; Offers full 1080p HD Video Recording
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 Android Powered Smartphone Announced
- ZTE Launches 7-inch ZTE LIGHT Android Tablet PC
- RCOM Launches Samsung Galaxy i899 Android Powered CDMA Touchscreen Smartphone