Sennheiser has launched in India the latest 500 series high-end headphone, the HD558 Open Circumaural Headphones that is equipped with Sennheiser’s specially developed E.A.R. (Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement) technology to deliver and are formerly replacing the successful predecessor models in the audiophile segment.
The Sennheiser HD558 high-end open circumaural headphones are equipped with Sennheiser’s specially developed E.A.R. (Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement) technology that delivers outstanding sonic accuracy and a top-quality stereo sound experience with exceptional clarity.
Featuring extremely comfortable velour ear pads and headband, the Sennheiser HD558 high-end open headphones offers excellent connectivity with even the home Hifi equipment and features internal Surround Reflector generating an extended spatial sound field, making them ideal for listening to home cinema as well as music.
The Sennheiser HD558 headphones features acoustic baffles inclined at a slight angle that helps guide the audio signal directly to the ears and includes powerful neodymium magnets and proven Duofol diaphragms guarantee natural, lifelike reproduction of even the finest musical details, while low-vibration plastic materials prevent distortions to the sound image.
The HD558 headphones also feature a sound reflector that optimises the spatial sound effect and has a gold-plated 6.3 mm audio jack plug allowing free connection to the audio source.
The Sennheiser HD558 high-end open circumaural headphones also features a special diaphragm geometry that minimises intermodulation distortion during sound reproduction, while a highly constant, compressed cellulose fleece reduces total harmonic distortion to below 0.1 percent.
Key Features & Specifications
- High-end open circumaural headphones with E.A.R. technology for outstanding sonic accuracy and clarity
- Sennheiser’s innovative “Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement” (E.A.R.) design channels audio signals directly into your ears
- State-of-the-art, advanced Duofol diaphragms for transparency and minimal distortion
- Highly optimised, field-strengthened neodymium ferrous magnet systems for an excellent dynamic response
- Surround reflector for extended spatial sound field
- Lightweight aluminium voice coils for high efficiency and excellent dynamics
- Special diaphragm geometry reduces intermodulation distortion
- Highly constant, compressed cellulose fleece reduces total harmonic distortion
- Transducer principle: dynamic, open
- Ear coupling: circumaural
- Frequency response: 15 – 28000 Hz
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0.2 % (1 kHz/100 dB SPL)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 112 dB
- Impedance: 50 ?
- Cable length: 3 m OFC single -sided, exchangeable
- Jack plug: 6.3 mm
- Weight: 260 g
Price and Availability
The Sennheiser HD558 high-end open circumaural headphones will be available across India for the price of Rs. 8,900 with two year warranty worldwide.
- Sennheiser HD518 Open Circumaural Headphones Launched in India
- Sennheiser HD598 Open Circumaural Headphones Launched in India
- Sennheiser Introduces PX 360 Collapsible, Circumaural Headphones
- Sennheiser Introduces PX 360 BT Bluetooth Collapsible, Circumaural Headphones
- Sennheiser PX210 BT Bluetooth Headphones Launched
- Creative HQ-1600 Portable Circumaural Headphones Announced
- ASUS Announces Xonar Xense One Audio Card and Sennheiser PC350 Headphone For Hardcore Gamers
- Sennheiser Unveils CXC 700 Ear-Canal Travel Headphones Offering Choice of 3 Noise-Cancelling Profiles
- Creative HQ-1450 Portable Circumaural Headphones Announced