Sennheiser has launched in India the latest 500 series high-end headphone, the HD518 Open Circumaural Headphones that is equipped with Sennheiser’s specially developed E.A.R. (Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement) technology to deliver and are formerly replacing the successful predecessor models in the audiophile segment.
The Sennheiser HD518 high-end open circumaural headphones are equipped with Sennheiser’s specially developed E.A.R. (Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement) technology that delivers outstanding sonic accuracy and a top-quality stereo sound experience with exceptional clarity.
Featuring extremely comfortable velour ear pads and headband, the Sennheiser HD518 high-end open headphones offers excellent connectivity with even the home Hifi equipment and features internal Surround Reflector generating an extended spatial sound field, making them ideal for listening to home cinema as well as music.
The Sennheiser HD518 headphones features acoustic baffles inclined at a slight angle that helps guide the audio signal directly to the ears and includes powerful neodymium magnets and proven Duofol diaphragms guarantee natural, lifelike reproduction of even the finest musical details, while low-vibration plastic materials prevent distortions to the sound image.
The HD518 headphones also feature a sound reflector that optimises the spatial sound effect and has a gold-plated 6.3 mm audio jack plug allowing free connection to the audio source.
The Sennheiser HD518 high-end open circumaural headphones also features a special diaphragm geometry that minimises intermodulation distortion during sound reproduction, while a highly constant, compressed cellulose fleece reduces total harmonic distortion to below 0.1 percent.
HD518 Headphone’s Key Features & Specifications
- High-end open circumaural headphones with E.A.R. technology for outstanding sonic accuracy and clarity
- Sennheiser’s innovative “Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement” (E.A.R.) design channels audio signals directly into your ears
- State-of-the-art, advanced Duofol diaphragms for transparency and minimal distortion
- Highly optimised, field-strengthened neodymium ferrous magnet systems for an excellent dynamic response
- Surround reflector for extended spatial sound field
- Lightweight aluminium voice coils for high efficiency and excellent dynamics
- Special diaphragm geometry reduces intermodulation distortion
- Highly constant, compressed cellulose fleece reduces total harmonic distortion
- Transducer principle: dynamic, open
- Ear coupling: circumaural
- Frequency response: 14 – 26000 Hz
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0.2 % (1 kHz/100 dB SPL)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 108 dB
- Impedance: 50 ?
- Cable length: 3 m OFC single -sided, exchangeable
- Jack plug: 6.3 mm
- Weight: 255 g
Price and Availability
The Sennheiser HD518 high-end open circumaural headphones will be available across India for the price of about Rs. 6,900 with two year warranty worldwide.