HTC has unveiled this week at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2011 the HTC Inspire 4G Smartphone for AT&T 4G wireless network which is based on Android 2.2 Froyo platform that truly brings the power of broadband wireless to life.
Having introduced the world’s first 4G smartphone in 2008, and the world’s first 4G Android smartphone in 2010, the HTC Inspire 4G is the first 4G mobile phone offered by AT&T, and its is also the first to run the Android 2.2 platform and AT&T Mobile Hotspot application and has a premium, aluminum unibody design.
HTC Inspire 4G is quad-band 2G and dual-band 3G network ready device that will have the largest screen of any AT&T smartphone, with a 4.3-inch 480 x 800 pixel super LCD Capacitive touchscreen display, and is equipped with 768MB RAM and 4GB internal storage along with microSD card slot offering up to 32GB expandable memory.
Powered by 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon processor with Adreno 205 graphics chipset, the HTC Inspire 4G smartphone features Accelerometer sensor, and Proximity sensor and is based on Android 2.2 Froyo operating system for mobile devices with the next-generation HTC Sense touchscreen user interface with cloud services.
The HTC Inspire 4G smartphone features 8.0 megapixel auto-focus rear facing digital camera with 3264 x 2448 pixel still picture resolution, geo-tagging, face-detection and dual LED flash allowing users also record video is 720p HD resolution. The phone does NOT feature any front-facing camera for video calling.
It offers exhaustive data connectivity options that includes GPRS, EDGE, dual-band 4G HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, 3G HSUPA 5.76 Mbps download speed, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP+EDR, WiFi 802.11b/g/N wireless LAN with DLNA and microUSB 2.0 port for wired connection and recharging,
Other features of this smartphone includes FM radio with RDS, GPS with A-GPS support, Digital compass, audio media player supporting, video media player supporting DivX/Xvid 720p HD files, Dolby Mobile and SRS surround sound (in supplied headset), Google applications, Adobe Flash 10.1 support and access to Android Market with over 100,000 free and paid apps for Android platform.
HTC Inspire 4G smartphone offers even more ways to stay connected utilizing FriendStream application that connects to Facebook, Twitter and Flickr networks and present the updates in a consolidated view.
In addition, the HTC Inspire 4G comes with Li-ion 1230 mAh battery that can provide up to 6 hrs of talktime and 370 hrs of standby time on 2G network and also offers users the ability to pinpoint the location of a lost phone on a map and send a command to make the phone sound an alert or even while on “silent” mode, through the htcsense.com website.
The HTC Inspire 4G smartphone is for now exclusively available to AT&T customers for $99.99 after a two-year agreement.
- HTC Desire S Android Smartphone Announced With Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- HTC Wildfire S Android Smartphone Announced; Features 600 MHz Processor and 3.2-inch Display
- HTC Incredible S Android Smartphone Announced; Features 1GHz Processor and 8MP Camera
- HTC Desire S Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 25,500
- HTC Incredible S Android Smartphone Launched in India; Features 1GHz Processor and 8MP Camera
- HTC Wildfire S Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 13,999
- HTC SALSA Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 22,000
- ViewSonic Launches ViewPhone 3 – Android Powered Dual-SIM & 3G Ready Smartphone
- HTC SALSA Android Powered Smartphone Announced; Features 600 MHz CPU & a Dedicated Facebook Access Button