Samsung have announced the upcoming availability of the Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 Smartphone, that would be powered by Google Android 2.2 Froyo platform and features 4.0-inch Super Clear LCD capacitive touchscreen display offering an integrated entertainment, multimedia, messaging and social networking experience.
The Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 Smartphone in terms of design resembles a lot with Samsung Galaxy S i9000 smartphone featuring a large rectangle home key flanked with two touch sensitive keys on either side for menu and cancel functions. The major difference being the non AMOLED display.
The Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 smartphone is quad-band 2G 850/900/1800/1900 MHz and tri-band 3G HSDPA 900/1900/2100 MHz ready device that is powered by Android 2.2 operating system for mobile devices and is equipped with support for Google Mobile Services, including, Gmail, YouTube, Android Market and more.
The Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 smartphone is powered by Samsung’s TouchWIZ v3.0 technology which has a Widgets feature that enables users to have a selection of widget style mini applications open on its home screen. It comes with several Widgets built-in.
A whole variety of widgets are available, which users can activate by swiping of a finger, which displays information from the phone, accessing images, music and other content and provide a quick way to access various functions in the handset.
The Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 boasts a brilliant 4-inch Super Clear LCD capacitive touchscreen Gorilla Glass Display with 480 x 800 pixel resolution in 16-Million colors which provides a vivid, sharp color HD-like viewing experience and includes Accelerometer sensor for auto display rotate, Proximity sensor doe auto-display-trunoff, and touch sensitives keys at the bottom of device for menu, home, cancel and search functions.
Featuring a slim and sleek design, the Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 Smartphone is one of the most portable and accessible mobile entertainment devices powered by a speedy 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor with PowerVR SGX530 graphics chipset allowing consumers a seamless, immersive experience while reading, watching and playing.
The Samsung Galasy SL I9003 smartphone comes with 512-MB RAM, 1024 MB ROM, and sports microSD card slot with upto 32-GB capacity. A 16GB microSD card comes with the device. For data connectivity, it offers GPRS, EDGE, 3G HSDPA 7.2Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps download, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/N wireless LAN with DLNA, Bluetooth 3.0+EDR/A2DP, microUSB port, GPS with A-GPS support and 3.5mm audio port.
Available in Mirror Black with chrome colors, the Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 smartphone also includes FM radio with RDS, audio and video media players and runs Google Android 2.2 OS and offers a seven-paned home screen and access to Android Market to personalize the device with 115,000 free and paid applications, including applications for social networking, gaming, travel and more.
Samsung’s Social Hub service helps consumers to easily keep in touch with family and friends through integrated contacts, calendars, social networking sites and group messaging, including the ability to “reply all” for up to 10 contacts. The Vibrant also supports six languages: English, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian and Korean.
Android powered Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 Smartphone also includes a 5.0 megapixel autofocus camera with 2592 x 1944 pixel still picture resolution, digital zoom and autofocus, geo-tagging, and a video camera for recording crystal-clear, high-definition 1280 x 720 (720p) HD videos and photos for playback on an HD television. The handset also includes a front-facing VGA resolution camera for video calling over 3G network. The handset does not sports flash light for camera.
Key features of Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 Smartphone include:
- Android 2.2 platform – With support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk and Android Market
- Full HTML Web browsing capabilities
- 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities – Allows customers to transform their phone into a wireless modem for up to five compatible Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Advanced touch screen gestures capabilities, including multi-touch pinch to zoom, double tap to zoom and horizontal swiping, which provides easier and quicker access to many applications, including location-based services, Web browsing and digital photos or videos
- Multiple file formats supported, including DivX support
- Samsung 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor – Produces amazing graphics, faster upload and download times and HD-like multimedia content
- Virtual QWERTY Keyboard Featuring Swype Technology – Input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard
- Full suite of messaging options – Text, picture, video and voice messaging; corporate and personal e-mail accounts supported
- 5.0-megapixel camera/camcorder – Auto-focus and LED flash with HD video recording and playback (720p) capabilities to capture photos and videos for playback on your HD television
- WiFi Connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
- Stereo Bluetooth Technology – Support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, object push for vCard and vCalendar
- Corporate Email – Supports Android Eclair Exchange ActiveSync e-mail to synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from office e-mail accounts
- Music and video players and 3.5-millimeter headphone jack
- 16GB internal memory expandable to 32GB
- Qik service for Video Calling over 3G
- Document Editors (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), PDF viewe
- 3.5 mm Audio out / TV out port
- Document editors for MS Word, Excel and PP. PDF viewer
Some of the Lifestyle features in Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 Smartphone include:
Samsung’s Social Hub – Built around messaging, contacts and calendar sync, which allows users to send and receive information, whether it is e-mail, social network updates or SMS messages
Feeds & Updates – Displays feeds from multiple SNS sites such as Facebook®, MySpace and Twitter, which also allows users to update their status instantly
AllShare Application – Enables inter-device connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), so users can send multimedia content wirelessly to other DLNA-enabled devices such as TVs and laptops
Daily Briefing – Instant access to weather, news, stocks and schedule
Write and Go – Quickly jot down an idea and later decide on a format, such as SMS/ MMS, e-mail, calendar or memo, to send or post to popular SNS sites such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace
Weather Clock – Displays current time and weather of the selected city (ability to add and select other cities)
The Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 comes with powerful Li-ion 1650 mAh battery that provides up to 15 hrs of talk time in 2G (7 hrs on 3G) and up to 600 hrs of standby time on 2G (550 hrs on 3G) and would be available in March 2011.
- RCOM Launches Samsung Galaxy i899 Android Powered CDMA Touchscreen Smartphone
- Samsung Acclaim SCH-r880 Android Smartphone Launched, Features Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Samsung Launches Android Powered i5700 Galaxy Spica Touchscreen Smartphone with GPS Support
- Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 Android Powered Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 Android Powered Smartphone in India for Rs. 11,499
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 Entry-Level Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy S III Smartphone to Launch on 3rd May 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Mini / Pop S5570 Entry-Level Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone Announced