LG has unveiled the LG Optimus 3D (P920) Android powered Smartphone, the world’s first 3D capable smartphone that offers consumers a full 3D content recording, viewing and sharing, right in the palm of their hands without requiring any special 3D glasses.
LG’s most advanced smartphone to date is equipped with a dual-lens camera for 3D recording, a glasses-free LCD panel for 3D viewing and exhaustive data connectivity options such as HDMI digital out port and DLNA broadcasting for 3D content sharing.
The LG Optimus 3D smartphone will also come preloaded with YouTube 3D app for Android platform that would be capable of streaming 3D content to the video sharing service YouTube in addition to being able to upload the 3D contents captured by the Optimus 3D smartphone.
Aiming to aggressively take a leadership position in the smartphone market in 2011, LG has been aggressively bolstering its premium smartphone line-up. Earlier it introduced the world’s first dual-core LG Optimus 2X smartphone, one of the world’s slimmest and brightest LG Optimus Black P970 smartphones and the LG’s first phone compatible with 4G LTE networks, the LG Revolution 4G LTE Android Smartphone. LG products debuting at MWC 2011 build upon this spirit of innovation.
Running Google Android 2.2 Froyo operating system for mobile devices, the LG Optimus 3D handset packs exceptional features with performance that includes a dual-core 1GHz Texas Instruments OMAP4 processor with simultaneous dual-channel and dual-memory, and features industry’s largest 4.3-inch WVGA 800 x 480 pixel display that supports 3D content which can be viewed without the aid of special 3D glasses.
LG Optimus 3D’s display provides bright and flicker-free images allowing users to view 2D in up to full 1080p HD and 3D in up to 720p HD multimedia content.
In addition, the LG’s 3D UI allows users to navigate through the device’s 3D interface with the click of LG’s unique 3D Hot Key which presents five 3D-dedicated UIs, including Gallery, Camera, Game&Apps, YouTube 3D and 3D Guide.
The powerful LG Optimus 3D handset would comes with Android 2.2 FroYo and will be upgradeable to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). The upgrade schedule will be announced in local markets in due course.
The LG Optimus 3D also features unique “tri-dual” configuration that includes dual-core, dual-channel and dual-memory setup. This configuration enables users to enjoy significantly improved performance and run-time compared to smartphones offering 1GHz dual-core processors.
Packing four times more video decoders than competing designs, the upcoming LG Optimus 3D smartphone doubles the graphics performance of its nearest competitor allowing users to enjoy exceptionally smooth and faster graphic performance while web surfing, running applications and enjoying multimedia content.
The LG Optimus 3D provides the world’s first full 3D experience covering the full spectrum from recording to viewing and sharing 3D content. The smartphone is equipped with a dual-lens camera that enables users to capture in true 3D which can then be viewed on the 4.3-inch WVGA display without requiring any special 3D glasses.
The Optimus 3D also offers multiple connectivity options including HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) and DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) make it easy for users to transfer and share recorded 3D content.
What’s more, users can easily upload and stream 3D content and share each other’s creations on YouTube’s dedicated 3D channel (youtube.com/3D).
LG Optimus 3D Smartphone’s Key Features
- Dual-core, 1GHz Texas Instruments OMAP4 processor
- 4.3-inch WVGA 800 x 480 pixel display
- 3D Capacitive touchscreen display
- LG’s 3D User Interface
- 8GB internal Storage, 512-MB RAM
- microSD memory card slot supporting up to 32GB expandable storage
- Proximity Sensor
- Gyro Sensor
- 3G HSDPA 14.4Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- WiFi 802.11b/g/N, DLNA
- GPS + AGPS
- Dual Lens 5MP 2560 x 1920 pixel AF camera with 3D still and video recording
- Video recording in 2D – 1080p HD and 3D – 720p HD
2D: 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 recording and playback
3D: 720p H.264 SEI recording and playback
- Flash 10.1 support
- Video Media player supports – H.264, H.263, DivX, MKV, WMV-9, ASF, AVI, 3GP, MP4
- Android 2.2 Froyo
- Google Applications
- HDMI Digital out port
- Li-ion 1500 mAh battery
- Weight – 168 gms
LG’s advanced Optimus 3D P920 has been unveiled at the 2011 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona ( February 14 to 17), and is the world’s first mobile device capable of providing the users with the YouTube video experience in full 3D.
The Android-powered Optimus 3D P920 will be available globally starting in Europe early in the second quarter of 2011, and the new partnership is part of a broader push into 3D entertainment by LG and the world’s largest online video community.
- LG Optimus 3D Smartphone Includes YouTube 3D Video Application
- LG Optimus PAD 8.9-inch Tablet PC Announced; Features 3D Camera
- LG Optimus 2X Android Smartphone Announced; Featuring 1GH Dual-Core NVIDIA Tigra 2 Processor
- LG Launches LG Optimus Black P970 Android Smartphone
- LG Optimus T Smartphone Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo Launched
- LG OPTIMUS GT540 Android Power Smartphone Announced
- LG Optimus 2X Android Smartphone Launched in India; Featuring 1GH Dual-Core NVIDIA Tigra 2 Processor
- LG Optimus Black P970 Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 27,000
- LG Optimus L9 Android Smartphone Announced in India