Dell has launched its new windows powered Dell Venue Pro Smartphone, in India market which is Dell’s first phone powered by Microsoft’s latest Windows Phone 7 operating system and featuring 4.1-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display along with a slideout QWERTY keyboard allowing users easy and faster means to texting, stay connected, be productive and keep in touch with colleagues, friends and family.
The Dell Venue Pro windows smartphone along with Dell Venue Android powered smartphone was formerly launched at Bangalore Fashion week just yesterday and is based on Windows Phone 7, Microsoft’s new mobile platform that introduces a new approach to the Start screen experience through Live Tiles that offer easier access to information and services from the Web and applications that are important to users.
Windows Phone 7 also delivers an integrated experience on the Dell Venue Pro windows smartphone through Windows Phone unique service called Hubs. The Hubs bring together a related set of applications, services and content into a single view to simplify common tasks. Your contacts, music, games and work can be shared, synced and accessed virtually wherever you happen to be.
The Dell Venue Pro windows smartphone comes equipped with a blazing-fast Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon QSD8250 processor with Adreno 200 graphics for a fast mobile data and graphics experience and is quad-band 2G and tri-band 3G HSDPA network ready handset featuring 4.1-inch 480 x 800 pixel 16 million color capable AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen display made of curved Gorilla Glass for unprecedented durability and scratch resistance.
Running Windows Phone 7 operating system, the Dell Venue Pro windows smartphone is also equipped with Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off, Digital compass, multi-touch input, and comes with 8-GB or 16-GB of internal memory, 512-MB RAM and 1-GB ROM memory.
The Dell Venue Pro handset also features microSD memory card slot supporting up to 32-GB expandable memory and includes a vertical sliding full QWERTY keyboard allowing users more comfortable and easier texting and email experience.
In addition to the comprehensive entertainment features of the device, the Dell Venue Pro windows smartphone delivers advanced phone features including GPS + A-GPS functionality with access to turn-by-turn navigation from TeleNav GPS Navigator, Internet Explorer 8, 720p HD video recording, and an advanced 5.0 megapixel autofocus camera with dual LED flash offering 2592 x 1944 pixel resolution and Geo-tagging feature.
For connectivity, Dell Venue Pro windows 7 smartphone offers GPRS Class 10, EDGE class 10 236.8 kbps download speed, 3.5G HSDPA with 7.2 Mbps download, 3G HSUPA with 2 Mbps download speed, WiFi 802.11b/g/N wireless LAN and Bluetooth 2.1+A2DP wireless connectivity in addition to microUSB 2.0 port for wired connection.
Some other features of Dell Venue Pro windows smartphone includes internal stereo speakers, and built-in GPS with A-GPS support with Bing Maps, Java MIDP 2.0 support, and includes Audio media player supporting MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ files and video media player supporting MP4, WMV, H.264/H.263 files. The handset also includes Facebook and Twitter website integration and includes YouTube application with Flash support.
Some of the highlighted features of the new Dell Venue Pro Windows Phone 7 powered smartphone:
- People hub: Allows social central to scan Windows Live and Facebook feeds and photos, in addition to dialing or texting friends in the address book.
- Picture hub: allows users share photos easily from pictures clicked by smartphone, Facebook and Windows Live.
- Games hub: Allows playing games with friends, manages and track scores and wins in the gamer profile. There are currently more than 50 popular game titles available for purchase, demos, Xbox LIVE leader boards, turn-based multiplayer, achievements and more, enabling Windows Phone 7 deliver the quality, consistency and community of the Xbox experience to gamers on the go. Xbox LIVE unlocks a world of games and fun, connecting customers to a global community of more than 25 million active Xbox LIVE members and offering easy access to Xbox LIVE features such as Friends, Avatars, Achievements, Messaging and more.
- Music/Video: Zune for loading people’s favorite media – music, movies, TV shows and podcasts – and taking it wherever.
- Office hub: Allows viewing, editing, sharing and sync Microsoft Office document and facilitates collaboration with co-workers via SharePoint Workspace Mobile.
- Marketplace hub: Allows access to free and paid quality applications like games, music, entertainment, sports, news, productivity, utilities and more.
In addition the Dell Venue Pro windows smartphone’s slide-out keyboard includes fully integrated Microsoft Exchange e-mail and calendar as well as Office Hub, which offers customers mobile versions of popular productivity programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, OneNote and SharePoint Workspace.
Measuring 121.6 x 64.4 x 14.9 mm, the Dell Venue Pro windows smartphone weighs 165 gms and comes with Li-ion 1400 mAh battery that can provide up to 6 hrs of talk time on 2G (5 hrs on 3G) and up to 300 hrs of stand-by time on 2G network.
Price and Availability
The Dell Venue Pro Windows Phone 7 powered smartphone is available in India market for about Rs. 34,990 with one year warranty.
- Dell Venue Pro Windows Phone 7 Powered Smartphone Launched
- Dell Venue Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 28,500
- Dell Venue Android 2.2 Froyo Powered Smartphone Coming Soon in India
- Samsung FOCUS Windows Phone 7 Smartphone Launched
- HTC HD7 Windows Smartphone Launched With Windows Phone 7 OS
- Samsung OMNIA 7 (GT-I8700) Windows Phone 7 Smartphone Launched
- HTC 7 Mozart Windows Phone 7 Powered Smartphone Launched in India
- LG Optimus 7 and LG Optimus 7Q Windows Phone 7 Powered Smartphones Launched
- Dell XCD28 3G Ready Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India