Toshiba has introduced the industry’s first 1.8-inch MKxx39GSL Series hard disk drives with low-insertion force (LIF) SATA (Serial ATA) connectors, enabling a 10% smaller footprint compared to standard 1.8-inch drives using microSATA connectors and offers up tp 220GB storage capacity.
Toshiba’s new MKxx39GSL series line up of PMP friendly hard drives have been designed for use in multiple devices, including next-generation consumer electronics, tablets, mobile devices and portable external hard disk drives, and they series comprises of three models with various storage capacities, a 160GB (MK1639GSL), 200GB (MK2039GSL) and 220GB (MK2239GSL) capacities.
The Toshiba MK2239GSL hard drive features the largest capacity 1.8-inch single-platter HDD (5mmH) while MK2239GSL, MK2039GSL, and the MK1639GSL models are designed for the most demanding mobile computing applications, surpassing 2.5-inch HDDs in terms of vibration robustness, low power consumption, and quiet operation.
The Toshiba MKxx39GSL series hard drives are designed for applications requiring the smaller, lighter footprint of 1.8-inch drives with large storage capacities, and they feature a 16MB large data buffer for improved performance.
The Toshiba MKxx39GSL series drives are claimed to tolerate up to an astonishing 1,500Gs of non-operational shock and 600Gs of operational shock, in contrast to 900G of non-operational shock and 400G of operational shock offered by the most currently available robust 2.5-inch HDDs.
Weighing only 48 gms and measuring 5x54x71mm in size, the Toshiba MKxx39GSL series drives are also exceptionally quiet, operating at 14dB at idle and 15dB at seek, and require only 0.35 Watts of power at low power idle, the smallest power consumption levels for any SATA drive.
- Storage Capacity:
160GB – MK1639GSL
200GB – MK2039GSL
220GB – MK2239GSL
- Number of platters – 1
- 150ms Average Seek time
- 4200 RPM rotational speed
- 16-MB Data Buffer
- 1.5 Gb/sec data transfer rate
- Serial ATA, Rev 2.6 interface
- Dim - 54 x 71 x 5 mm
- Weight – 48 gms
The Toshiba MKxx39GSL Series Hard Drives with LIF-SATA connector are expected to be available in late February 2011. For more information visit www.toshibastorage.com.
- Toshiba Introduces ‘Art Series’ Portable Hard Drives; offer Complete System Backup and other Enhanced Features
- Toshiba Rolls Out MBF, Industry’s Highest-Capacity Small Form Factor Enterprise HDD
- Toshiba Introduces ‘Alu2 Series’ Portable Hard Drives; offer Complete System Backup and other Enhanced Features
- Toshiba Launches MK2035GSS 2.5-Inch 200-GB HDD
- Toshiba Launches External Desktop Hard Drive; Offers 1TB/2TB Storage
- Strontium’s Rugged and Shock Resistant Pollex USB Flash Drive Launches in India
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1-Terabyte Hard Disk Launched
- WD Launches ‘My Book Essential’, ‘My Passport Essential’ and ‘My Passport Essential SE’ Series Portable Hard Drives With USB 3.0
- Western Digital 1-TB Caviar Black SATA Hard Drive