Cisco today unveiled its brand new wireless home router – the Cisco Linksys E4200 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router, that is designed to work seamlessly with the latest entertainment devices, including Internet TVs, iPad tablets, game consoles, smart phones, e-readers, and VoIP devices.
The new Cisco Linksys E4200 Wireless-N router is ideal for home entertainment enthusiasts who want to equip their homes with the latest wireless technology or anyone who wants the reassurance of outfitting their home with the best router on the market today.
Designed for optimum home theater performance, the Linksys E4200 wireless-N router provides industry-leading speed of up to 450 Mbps for smooth streaming of video and music and uninterrupted gaming.
Linksys E4200 wireless-N router features simultaneous dual-band wireless-N, 4-gigabit ports, and a 3×3 antenna configuration that help give it unparalleled speed and range.
In addition, Linksys E4200 wireless-N router utilizes combination of internal and external amplifiers coupled with six antennas to help increase the signal strength across greater distances.
The Linksys E4200 wireless-N router’s new USB feature makes it easy to add external storage to the network and as this Wireless-N router is an UPnP Media server as well, home entertainment enthusiasts can easily store, share and stream their movies, music and games to other devices around their home.
Most interestingly, the USB port in Linksys E4200 wireless-N router also has plans for converting to a Virtual USB port which will enable printers to easily connect to the network so all users in the home can print wirelessly.
Linksys E4200 wireless-N router featues
- Maximum performance of up to 300 Mbps (2.4) and up to 450 Mbps (5.0GHz)
- Simultaneous dual-band (2.4 and 5.0 GHz) with four 10/100/100 gigabit ports
- 3X3 internal MIMO special stream configuration on the 5.0 Ghz band for ideal performance for streaming HD videos, gaming and voice
- Internal and external amplifiers for maximum speed at greater distances for added in-home mobility
- Six antennas for maximum range
- Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritizing bandwidth for movies, voice or music
- UPnP media server for adding on storage to serve your Internet-enabled TVs or media server PCs
- USB port for easily adding external storage drives
The Linksys E4200 wireless-N router comes offers advanced security with WPA and WPA2 and Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) Firewall and includes plans to support IPv6 in the coming spring. The wireless-N router also includes Cisco Connect software that enables simple setup, network management tools (parental controls, guest access) and optional advanced settings
Price and Availability
The Cisco Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Dual-Band Wireless-N Router is available for an MSRP of $179.99 or about Rs. 8,255.00. For more information about Linksys and the E4200, please visit: http://home.cisco.com/e4200