MSI has today announced the addition of its latest and greatest new generation G series laptop, the MSI GT680 Gaming Laptop, that is powered by Intel Quad Core i7 Processors and packs the NVIDIA’s high-end discrete graphics card to support DirectX 11, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M with 1.5GB GDDR5 video memory delivering a crisp, clear view, giving you a battlefield edge.
The MSI GT680 comes with NVIDIA’s new generation GeForce GTX 460M high-end discrete graphics card with 1.5GB of GDDR5 dedicated display memory, which supports DirectX 11 to enhance game resolution and supports PhysX technology to fully utilize each processing core in the GeForce GPU to greatly enhance physics processing capabilities, allowing the NVIDIA PhysX software to more faithfully reproduce the universe of your choice with collapsing walls, shattered glass all over the floor, and even water that changes shape with the influence of external forces.
The MSI GT680 gaming notebook features MSI’s glowing white logo that is set in the center of its cover which itself resembles a sports car hood with raised a black diamond trident above a glowing red slash.
Both side around the ebony exterior are other strategically placed ruby red LED lights that smolder to the sounds emitted by the laptop. In addition, MSI’s exclusive hip color film print coating accentuates the MSI GT680’s riveting sports car exterior.
Design details, like the rhombic pattern on the wrist rest areas and high tech brush finish on the touchpad, add class and texture and underscore the GT680’s awesome presence.
The lightweight MSI GT680 Gaming notebook is powered by Intel 2010 series Quad Core- i7 2630QM Processor with Intel PM55 chipset mainboard with Intel Turbo Boost-dynamic performance adjustment technology that distributes notebook performance in accordance with application workload.
In addition,the MSI GT680 includes 3MB L2 cache and it comes with upto 16-GB DDR3 1066/1333 MHz SDRAM in 3 slots along with offering dual hard disks 640GB SATA HDD in RAID 0 mode for a total of 1-TB internal hard drive capacity. Option of 120GB SSD + 500GB HDD is also available.
The MSI GT680 features three DDR3 memory slots allowing the gaming notebook the kind of computing power only available on high-end servers and it also features USB 3.0 ports that can reach transfer rates of 4.8GB per second, 10 times the bandwidth of the current USB 2.0.
For communication, the gaming laptop offers WiFi 802.11b/g/N wireless LAN, Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR wireless connectivity and 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN card.
The MSI GT680 gaming notebook is one of the world’s few laptops to come with dual overclocking for processor and display performance. It features Turbo hotkey that kicks in MSI’s exclusive double TDE+ technology (Turbo Drive Engine + technology) enabling the notebook to remains highly responsive whether using high-load applications or gaming.
In addition to instant Turbo Drive courtesy of TDE technology, the GT680 has another awesome feature-MSI’s own Cooler Boost technology available via a dedicated luminescent hotkey located above the keyboard that kicks in the powerful cooling action. The MSI GT680 also offers players core temperature change and variable fan speed, allowing it to stay cool as a cucumber even when working for extended periods in high temperatures.
The new MSI GT680 gaming notebook features a 15.6-inch full HD LED backlite 16:9 display which is powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M Graphics - NVIDIA’s fastest notebook GPU for extreme gaming hardware – with 1.5-GB DDR3 dedicated video memory.
Weighing 3.5 kgs with 9-cell battery, the MSI GT680 notebook includes D-sub VGA, two USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, a e-SATA/USB combo port, 1394, Mic-in, Headphone out, RJ-45/RJ-11, 2.0 Megapixel HD 720p Webcam and theater class 4 speakers + 1 subwoofer system for high quality audio.
In addition, MSI worked in cooperation with internationally renowned sound system designer Dynaudio to give the GT680 the ultimate in audio. It also has DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC™ technology to give you cinema-class sound at no extra cost through dual-channel speakers or headsets.
Superior sound performance: With DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC technology, your dual channel laptop provides 5.1 channel theater-class wrap-around sound without the need to calculate optimal positions for the six speakers.
Highlighted features of MSI GT680 Gaming Notebook:
- Intel Core i7 2630QM Processor
- Windows 7 Ultimate OS
- Intel PM55 Chipset
- Up to 16-GB DDR3 RAM 1066/1333 MHz, 3 SODIMM slots
- 2.5-inch 7200rpm SATA 500GB/640GB RAID 0 mode or 1TB RAID 0 mode / 640GB/1TB RAID 0 / 120GB SSD + 500GB HDD
- DVD SuperMulti / Blu-ray disk
- 15.6-inch WSXGA LED backlite Full HD backlit display, 16:9 aspect ratio
- 1680 x 1050 pixels screen resolution
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M with 1.5GB GDDR3 Video RAM
- WiFi 802.11b/g/N Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN
- 7.1 channel audio output
- HDMI-digital out port
- HD Webcam, 720p HD video recording @30fps
- 5-in-1 Media Card Reader, Supports XD/SD/MMC/Memory Stick
- D-sub VGA
- 2x USB 3.0
- 2x USB 2.0
- 1x e-SATA
- 1394, Mic-in, Headphone out, RJ-45/RJ-11
- 2 Megapixel HD Webcam, 30fps @ HD 720p resolution
- 5.1 channel theater-class 4 Speakers + 1 Subwoofer
- 9-cell Li-Ion battery
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Dim – 395 (L) x 267 (W) x 55 (H) mm
- Weight – 3.5 Kgs
Price and Availability
There is no word on a price or availability, but MSI has promising to disclose more about GT680 monster gaming laptop in late January or early 2011.
- MSI Launches GT663 Gaming Laptop With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M Discrete Graphics
- MSI Announces GT660 Gaming Notebook With Intel Quad Core-i7 and NVIDIA GeForce Graphics
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 Dual GPU Graphics Card Launched
- Dell Upgrades Alienware M11x 11-inch Gaming Laptop with Intel Core i7 CPU & NVIDIA Optimus Graphics
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 GPU for Digital Media PCs Launched
- Asus Launches U30JC Gaming Notebook That Includes Intel i3 CPU & NVIDIA GeForce Discrete GPU
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics Card Launched; Offers DirectX 11 Support
- NVIDIA Introduces NVIDIA GeForce 400M Series Graphics Processing Units (GPUs)
- Toshiba Unveils Qosmio X875 and Qosmio X875 3D Gaming Laptops