Dell has launched its new Android powered Dell Streak 7 Tablet with 7-inch display for T-Mobile USA, which is both companies’ first 4G capable tablet specifically designed for the super-fast mobile broadband speeds of T-Mobile’s 4G network.
The sleek Dell Streak 7 tablet take advantage of T-Mobile’s super-fast 4G mobile broadband network that make it the ultimate entertainment hub, at home and on-the-go.
Dell Streak 7 Tablet features a brilliant seven-inch WVGA 800×480 pixels Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen with Corning Gorilla Glass and runs Google’s Android v2.2 Froyo operating system. The Tablet is powered by dual core 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra T20 Processor with each core running at 1 GHz, delivering up to two GHz of processing power, and full support for Adobe Flash Player.
The Dell Streak 7 Tablet comes preloaded with a variety of applications from T-Mobile, and also allows access to more than 100,000 applications, games and widgets from Android Market.
In addition, the tablet also features rear-facing 5.0 megapixel camera for high-definition stills and video recording and there is also a front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera with the preloaded Qik Video Chat application provide video-calling over T-Mobile’s network as well as Wi-Fi connection.
Qik Video Chat: connect with friends and family through T-Mobile’s network and Wi-Fi, unlike some other video-calling solutions that only work through Wi-Fi. With the Streak 7’s front-facing camera paired with Video Chat through Qik, customers can hold video conversations with those who have a Streak 7, or other compatible mobile device, and even broadcast their view through the rear-facing camera.
The new Streak 7 will feature Dell’s own Stage user interface, which provides unified compilation of messages, emails and social networking updates in a single place.
Dell Streak 7 Tablet
- T-Mobile: HSPA + @ 2100/1900/AWS/850
- 7-inch WVGA 800×480 Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 2.2 (Froyo) with Android Market
- NVIDIA Tegra T20 – Dual Core Processor @ 1 GHz
- 16 GB of internal memory and SD Card slot with support for expandable memory up to 32 GB
- 5 MP auto focus rear-facing camera
- Qik video chat with built-in front-facing 1.3-megapixel webcam
- Dell’s Stage User Interface
- Built-in support for T-Mobile’s 4G mobile broadband network and Wi-Fi
- Dual core GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
- SMS/MMS, SWYPE virtual keyboard and stereo Bluetooth 2.1 capable
- Support for Adobe Flash Player
- Audio Player – MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, MIDI, WAV
- FM Radio with RDS
- Email, IM and Video Chat on all models, SMS & MMS on 3G models only
- Support for Microsoft Exchange e-mail, contacts and calendar
- Full HTML WebKit browser, Adobe Flash 10.1
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/N Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 2780 mAh Li-Ion Battery
- Dimensions: 7.87” x 4.72” x 0.49”
- Weight – 450 gms
The new Dell Streak 7 Tablet is expected to be available in the U.S. in the coming weeks at
T-Mobile retail stores, and direct from Dell.