LG announced LG 4G LTE Revolution Smartphone, LG’s first 4G LTE smartphone for the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network.
With high-speed 4G LTE connectivity that puts users in the action, the new LG Revolution smartphone offers complete HD support for streaming, playing and recording video multimedia while on the go.
The LG Revolution smartphone is equipped with a chic design, large 4.3-inch touchscreen and runs Android 2.2 Froyo platform, making it ideal mobile phone for users ready to experience the next level of smartphone power.
Full suite of Google mobile services are available on the device including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Voice and access to Android Market where users can have access to over 100,000 free and paid applications for Android platform.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network which was launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless 3G network.
LG Revolution customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas.
The 4G LTE Revolution Android Smartphone comes with 16GB internal memory with microSD card slot allowing expandable memory up to 32GB and the smartphone is equipped with Bluetooth 3.0 capabilities with support for Bluetooth Profiles Supported: Headset, Hands-Free, Dial-Up Networking, Object Push, Advanced Audio Distribution Audio/Video Remote Control, Phone Book Access, and File Transfer.
The LG Revolution 4G LTE smartphone also features 5.0-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and camcorder that offers five different camera resolutions and three different video resolutions, macro mode for detailed, up-close pictures, built-in image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, and optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings.
The LG Revolution also features Mobile Hotspot capability that allows sharing 4G internet access connection with up to 8 Wi-Fi devices via WiFi LAN network and also features HDMI digital out port and 3.5 mm port connection.
Summary of Key features on LG Revolution Smartphone:
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network compatible
- Up to 5 to 12 Mbps download and Up to 2 to 5 Mbps of upload speed in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen
- Android 2.2 technology for Google Mobile Services, including Gmail, Youtube, Google Talk, Google Voice and access to Android Market
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Proximity sensor instantly locks touchscreen while talking on the phone
- 16GB internal memory with microSD card slot with expandable memory up to 32GB
- GPRS, EDGE, 4G
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/N Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 3.0 capabilities with support for Bluetooth Profiles Supported: Headset, Hands-Free, Dial-Up Networking, Object Push, Advanced Audio Distribution (stereo), Audio/Video Remote Control, Phone Book Access, and File Transfer
- microUSB port
- Mobile Hotspot capability — share 4G connection with up to 8 Wi-Fi devices
- DLNA, HDMI and DIVX capable
- 5.0 MP camera with auto focus and flash
- Video telephony support with front-facing camera
- Optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings
- Full suite of messaging options — Text, picture, video and voice messaging; corporate and personal e-mail accounts supported
“LG Revolution combines the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network with the power of Android 2.2 to deliver a blazingly fast experience,” said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “The introduction of the first 4G LTE smartphone from LG is a positive addition to our robust lineup of powerful smartphones.”