Olympus has launched new pocket-size flagship Olympus XZ-1 Compact Digital Camera offering 10 Megapixels resolution with 4X wide optical zoom lens and 720p HD video recording capability.
The Olympus XZ-1 compact digital camera is designed for camera-savvy amateurs and professional photographers looking for a second camera. It delivers uniformly clear pictures even in low light, to SLR standards.
The Olympus XZ-1 compact digital camera offers a combination of three state-of-the-art features: the x-tremely large, super-sensitive CCD sensor, the x-tremely fast TruePic V image processor and the x-tremely bright 1:1.8-2.5 i.ZUIKO DIGITAL lens.
The XZ-1 digital camera features 10 Megapixel 1/1.63-inch HS CCD high sensitivity sensor and is equipped with a large 3.0-inch OLED 610,000 dots resolution color display for improved playback and visibility during shooting with enhanced contrast, brightness and angle of view.
Other features of Olympus XZ-1 digital camera includes HDMI TV interface for easy camera operation during playback via the TV remote, SD memory card SDHC and SDXC compatible,
The Olympus XZ-1 compact digital camera is the first compact camera to feature a lens from ZUIKO, renowned as a leading manufacturer of the high-end optics that used to be available only in SLRs and is also compatible with an ever-growing range of dedicated Olympus PEN accessories for mirrorless cameras.
Key Features of Olympus XZ-1 Digital Camera
- 1:1.8-2.5 super-bright 4x wide i.ZUIKO DIGITAL zoom lens (28-112mm) for images with uniform clarity from macro to infinity
- 10 Megapixel 1/1.63-inch HS CCD high sensitivity sensor for outstanding shots with reduced depth of field
- Dual Image Stabilisation for blur-free, fast-moving shots
- TruePic V image processor for supreme colour reproduction and less image noise
- HD Movie with sound for capturing crystal clear movies suitable for playback on a big HD TV
- 3.0-inch OLED (610,000 dots) display for improved playback and visibility during shooting with enhanced contrast, brightness and angle of view
- Manual controls for fast and easy professional adjustments
- Live Guide and i-Auto for easy operation – even by beginners
- Lens ring and menu wheel for precise manual control and quick selection of modes and settings
- 6 Art Filters for adding creative effects to HD movies and stills: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama and Dramatic Tone
- Accessory Port for compatibility with a growing range of accessories including an external flash, electronic viewfinder and external stereo microphone
- ISO 6400 for excellent imaging despite poor light
- HDMI TV interface for easy camera operation during playback via the TV remote
- Multi-Aspect ratios for the ideal format (16:9, 3:2, 4:3 or 6:6)
- Bracketing functions for white balance and exposure
- SD memory card (SDHC and SDXC compatible)
To further boost the quality of stills and movies, users can add an external flash, electronic viewfinder or external stereo microphone, with more accessories still to come.
Price and Availability
The compact Olympus XZ-1 digital camera would be available in a matt black or white lacquered body starting mid January 2011 for €449 or about Rs. 26,450 (approx.)