Olympus has announced the global availability of its new revolution in easy-to-use high-performance Olympus PEN E-PL2 Compact Digital Camera with the first-ever PEN system that adds new Bluetooth capability to the device. Ideal for budding filmmakers, the E-PL2 now lets users get creative with one of six Art Filters, even in HD Movie mode.
The lightweight, compact Olympus PEN E-PL2 compact digital camera is a landmark in user-friendly and beautiful camera design that features a series of intelligent enhancements to live up to and even improves on the legendary usability of the multiple award-winning Olympus PEN E-PL1.
Like its predecessor, the Olympus PEN E-PL2 compact digital camera comes with the excellent integrated Live Guide that teaches beginners step-by-step how to capture great shots – and this user-friendly feature is now available in HD Movie mode, too.
The new Live Wheel on the back makes it easier to navigate menus and pick out the right feature or mode, while the larger 3-inch LCD with 460,000 dot resolution is ideal for framing and reviewing shots.
In addition it also feature the new SDXC card format that provides the flexibility of a ‘future-proof’ medium with huge storage potential – for high-capacity image files like High Definition movies.
The Olympus PEN E-PL2 compact digital camera features a larger 3 inch display, Live Guide access in HD Movie mode, the handy Live Wheel feature selector and a faster, lighter, virtually silent M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3-5-5.6 II lens.
The near-silent M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II lens (equivalent to 28-84mm for a 35mm camera) not only focuses faster, but also prevents the whir that can otherwise ruin a good home movie soundtrack.
The Olympus PEN E-PL2 compact digital camera would thrill the social networking users, thanks to compatibility with Olympus’ new PENPAL Bluetooth Communication Unit and the ever growing range of dedicated PEN accessories.
Professional photographers can experiment with Art Filters in still and HD Movie mode, including the new Dramatic Tone filter, and choose from 16 dedicated Micro Four Thirds lenses, three new conversion lenses (macro, fish-eye and wide), plus 27 Four Thirds and more than 500 other lenses in total (using an adapter).
Olympus E-PL2 digital camera’s key features:
- Art Filters in HD Movie and still modes, incl. Dramatic Tone Filter
- Supersonic Wave Filter dust protection system
- Ultra-effective built-in image stabilisation
- Compact M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II fast and near-silent lens (Movie and Still compatible)
- 12.3 effective Megapixel High Speed Live MOS sensor
- 3.0-inch LCD with 460,000 dot resolution
- Easy-to-use Live Wheel feature menu
- Live Guide in HD Movie and still mode
- Live View in HD Movie and still mode
- Accessory Port 2 for compatibility with a growing variety of PEN accessories
- PENPAL Communication Unit compatible
- Compatible with new MAL-1 Macro Arm Light
- 1/4000th sec. shutter speed with 3fps sequential shooting
- Multi Exposure mode for 3 RAW images
- ISO 6400 sensitivity
- Long-life BLS-5 Li-ion battery
- Compatible with three new conversion lenses:
WCON-P01 wide-angle (for 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II lens)
FCON-P01 specialist fisheye (for 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II lens)
MCON-P01 macro (for 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II, 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 and 14-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 lenses)
The Olympus PEN E-PL2 will be available from January 2011 for the starting price of $655 in the following configurations:
- E-PL2 Kit with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II lens
- E-PL2 Double Zoom Kit (DZK) with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II and M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 lenses
- E-PL2 10.7x Zoom Kit with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 lens
- Olympus XZ-1 10 Megapixel Compact Digital Camera Announced; Offers 3X Optical Zoom & 720p HD Video Recording
- Olympus PEN E-P2 Black-on-Black Kit Launched
- Olympus Launches E-5 Digital SLR Camera; Features 12.3MP Live MOS Sensor
- Olympus VG-130 and VG-120 14 Megapixels Digital Camera Launched; Offers 5x Wide Optical Zoom & Digital Image Stabilisation
- Olympus FE-4000 Digital Camera Features 12 Megapixel Image Sensor & 4X Wide Angle Optical Zoom
- Olympus Launches T-100 Digital Camera With 12 Megapixel Image Sensor
- Nikon Finally Entering Mirrorless lightweight, Interchangeable-lens Digital Camera Market
- PENTAX Launches OPTIO RZ10 Compact Digital Camera With 10X Optical Zoom Lens
- Canon Powershot A430 Digital Camera