Motorola with Verizon, today announced the innovative new Motorola XOOM Tablet, which runs Google’s new Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system that is claimed to have been designed from the ground up for tablet devices.
Android v3.0 Honeycomb features the latest Google Mobile innovations with improved Android favorites such as widgets, multi-tasking, browsing, notifications and customization.
Motorola XOOM Tablet boasts a dual core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor with each core running at 1 GHz, delivering up to two GHz of processing power, and features 10.1-inch widescreen HD display.
Motorola XOOM Tablet allows consumers to experience HD content right on the device, supports 1080p HD video and HDMI output to display content on larger HD screens, and plays video and other rich web content seamlessly with Adobe Flash Player.
The new Motorola XOOM Tablet features a front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chats over Wi-Fi or 3G/4G LTE, as well as a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera that captures video in 720p HD resolution.
The 10.1-inch display delivers console-like gaming performance on its 1280×800 display, and features a built-in gyroscope, barometer, e-compass, accelerometer and adaptive lighting for new types of applications
The Motorola XOOM Table also features Google Maps 5.0 with 3D interaction and delivers access to over 3 million Google eBooks and over 100,000 free and paid apps from Android Market.
Motorola XOOM tablet also provides constant connectivity, including connecting to Gmail or Exchange email, opening and editing documents, spreadsheets and presentations; and viewing calendars and sending out appointments or meeting notices with mobile broadband speeds.
The Tablet also features mobile hotspot capability that provides an online connection for up to five other Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
The Motorola XOOM Tablet device will launch as a 3G/Wi-Fi-enabled device in Q1 2011 with an upgrade to 4G LTE in Q2. Starting in Q2 2011 the Motorola XOOM will be a 4G LTE/Wi-Fi- enabled device.
- Attitude Daksha Android Powered Tablet Device Launched for Rs. 5,399
- Reliance Launches Android Powered 3G Ready Tablet for Rs. 12,999
- LG Optimus PAD 8.9-inch Tablet PC Announced; Features 3D Camera
- Panasonic Unveils Toughbook Android Powered 10.1-inch Tablet
- HCL ME Tablets Announced; Features 7-inch/10-inch Display & Powered by Android 2.2 OS
- ZTE Launches 7-inch ZTE LIGHT Android Tablet PC
- Huawei MediaPad Tablet Upgrades to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7100) Tablet Announced
- iBall Launches Slide i7218 Android Gingerbread Powered Tablet for Rs. 11,999