Motorola and AT&T has today announced Motorola ATRIX 4G Smartphone that is claimed to be world’s most powerful smartphone powered by dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor and runs on Android 2.2 Froyo operating system with MOTOBLUR user interface.
Motorola ATRIX is currently the only smartphone with the Motorola webtop application that puts a true desktop browser on a mobile phone brings a PC browsing experience with a full Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser to a mobile environment.
Supporting Adobe Flash Player, the new Motorola ATRIX Android smartphone is powered by world’s most advanced mobile processor, a dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor with integrated 3G graphics with each core running at 1 GHz, delivering up to 2 GHz of processing power for opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones, rendering games faster and displaying HD quality video on big-screen TVs.
Motorola ATRIX is triband WCDMA 850/1900/2100, quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, and 4G HSDPA up to 14.4 Mbps networks ready device that includes 16 GB of internal RAM facilitating effortless multi-tasking, such as watching a movie while receiving and responding to email and has microSD card slot offering additional 32GB of external memory.
The Motorola ATRIX smartphone features world’s first qHD smartphone display with 4-inch in size , offering high resolution and 24-bit colour, making it easier to read indoors and outdoors
In addition, the device comes preloaded with Motorola’s webtop application and with an optional docking system, it can offer a larger screen, full-size keyboard and trackpad allowing users to create, edit and enjoy documents, media and content. The preloaded apps include:
- WEBTOP - delivers laptop like experience
- FIREFOX WEB BROWSER – Full Firefox version 3.6
- U-VERSE MOBILE TV LIVE – Download and watch your favorite TV shows
- QUICK OFFICE – Office productivity software compatible with Microsoft Office
- GOOGLE APPS – Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Voice Search, YouTube
- ANDROID MARKET – Make your phone your own with thousands of apps from Android Market
Featuring two-microphone noise reduction technology, the Motorola ATRIX also features 5 MP autofocus with LED flash and VGA front-facing camera for video calling. The device also allows 720p HD video recording and playback.
The Motorola ATRIX 4G smartphone runs Android 2.2 operating system with Motorola’s MOTOBLUR user interface and offers access to over 100,000 free and paid apps on the Android Market and features advanced fingerprint recognition reader allowing the device easy and hassle free secured access.
For connectivity, Motorola ATRIX offers GPRS, EDGE, WiFi 802.11b/g/N, Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR with stereo sound and microUSB port for wired connecivity but users might miss the GPS connectivity in this device.
Users can keep up to date on social networks with automatic delivery of messages through MOTOBLUR, including the ability to locate, wipe and restore data if the device is lost or stolen
With the ATRIX announcement, Motorola also announced two brand new companion docks for the ATRIX smartphone viz. HD Multimedia Dock and Laptop Dock.
The Motorola HD Multimedia Dock features three USB ports and an HDMI port, enabling connections to a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers or HDMI monitor for working on traditional PC tasks, and connects to an HDMI-enabled television and home theater audio system for enjoying video, music, games and more.
The Motorola Laptop Dock features an incredibly thin design with an 11.6-inch screen, full keyboard, stereo speakers, and comes equipped with 36Wh 3-cell rechargeable battery that delivers up to seven hours of battery life. Users can simply dock their Motorola ATRIX 4G smartphone into the back of the Laptop Dock to experience true mobility.
In addition ATRIX also offers the full suite of office productivity and email applications including push email, and access to a number of web applications such as Salesforce.com, Google Docs, and any HTML application or service from a full desktop browser.
The ATRIX smartphone includes a long-lasting 1930 mAh battery that can provide up to 10 days of standby time on 2G and up to 9 hrs of talk time on 2G networks.
Motorola ATRIX Android smartphone will be available in US and Canada in the coming months.
- Motorola XOOM Android Powered Tablet Launched; Features 10-inch Widescreen HD Display
- Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone With Android 2.1 and QWERTY Keyboard Launched in India
- MOTOROLA DROID 2 Smartphone Launched; Features 1GHz Processor, QWERTY KB & 5MP Camera
- Motorola GLAM XT800 Dual-SIM Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 31,999
- Motorola Brings Android 2.1 Powered MILESTONE Smartphone to India
- Motorola DROID X Android Powered Smartphone Announced, Offers 8MP Camera and HDMI Port
- Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone Launched; Features Android 2.2 & Slide-out QWERTY Keyboard
- Motorola Quench XT3 Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 12,500
- Motorola DEFY Smartphone Launched; Features Android v2.1 & MOTOBLUR UI With Live Widgets