Samsung has announced the launched of Samsung WAVE II S8530 Smartphone, in India is its second handset based on the opinion-dividing BADA mobile operating system platform which allows third-party applications integration capability.
BADA, which means Ocean in Korea, mobile operating system is one of the latest mobile OS which is in direct competition to several prevailing high-end operating system for mobiles such as Apple’s iPhone OS, Google’s open-source Android OS, Microsoft’s Windows Mobile, Blackberry’s RIM and Nokis’s open-source Symbian OS.
Samsung’s Bada mobile OS brings smartphone technology to the masses, enabling entry level handsets to offer apps, multimedia and a touchscreen experience comparable to high end mobile devices and many handhelds.
Armed with 1-GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor, the Samsung WAVE II S8530 smartphone features a 3.7-inch, 16 Million Colors capable, 480 x 800 pixels Super Clear LCD Capacitive full touchscreen display made of Scratch-resistant glass and is equipped with Accelerometer sensor for auto screen rotate, Proximity sensor for auto display off and Smart unlocking feature and introduces an anti-smudge screen technology that reduce greasy fingerprints.
The Samsung Wave II S8530 is equipped with Samsung TouchWiz 3.0 user interface that offers customizable home screen and menus, and Social Hub function which provides email, instant messaging and social notworking services in a single interface.
A whole variety of widgets are available, which users can activate by swiping of a finger, which displays information from the phone, accessing images, music and other content and provide a quick way to access various functions in the handset.
Widgets with drag-and-drop: The simple ‘drag-and-drop’ technology allows selecting multiple widgets from the left panel of the screen which can simply be dropped anywhere on the main screen. A widgets is small portable chunk of code that can be executed without requiring any additional programming etc.
Widgets in Samsung Wave II S8530 smartphone are made up of widely used applications like calendar, clock and alarms, music player functions, FM radio functions, games etc. The Widget with ‘drag-and-drop’ feature is quick and simple technique which allows the user to set hotkeys for all desired functions on the touch menu.
The Bada platform enabled Samsung WAVE II S8530 smartphone comes with either 2-GB internal memory and offers support for microSD expandable memory card with upto 32-GB additional expandable memory and offers pretty comprehensive data connectivity options including GPRS class 10, EDGE Class 10, 3G HSDPA 384 kbps, in addition to built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/N wireless network support along with Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, and hi-speed microUSB 2.0 port.
The Samsung Wave II comes equipped with with strong 1500 mAh standard Li-ion battery and also features 3.5 mm audio port, and JAVA MIDP 2.0 support. The smartphone also features an iTunes-style apps store for downloading games, mapping, eBooks and lifestyle applications.
The Samsung WAVE S8500 II smartphone features 5.0 megapixel camera with 2592 x 1944 pixels resolution which also allows true HD quality video recoding capability in 720p with multi-codec support for DivX and xVid video codess. Besides offering Geo-tagging, smile and blink detection functionality, the camera is also equipped with integrated LED flash.
Offering 5.1 surround sound, some of the other features of the new Samsung Wave II S8530 includes FM Radio with RDS and recording, MP3 media player (MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+) , video player supporting MP4/MKV/xVid/DivX/MP4/H.263/H.264 3GP video files, JAVA MIDP 2.0, and it comes equipped with GPS receiver with A-GPS support.
Samsung Wave II S8530 specifications:
- Tri-band 2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- Dual-band 3G HSDPA 900/2100
- 3.7-inch, 480 x 800 pixel, Scratch resistant Super-clear LCD capacitive touchscreen display
- 2 GB internal memory
- 32 GB micro SD support
- Multi-touch input method
- Accelerometer sensor
- Handwriting recognition
- Proximity Sensor
- Digital Compass
- 5 MP camera with LED Flash, 2592 x 1944 pixel resolution, Touch focus, Geo-tagging, face detection, smile detection
- Bada OS 1.2 with TouchWiz 3.0 UI
- ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor
- FM radio with RDS
- FM recording
- GPRS Class 10
- EDGE Class 10
- 3G HSDPA 3.6 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps
- Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- TV Out port
- GPS with A-GPS support, Samsung Mobile Navigator
- Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery
- Weight 135 g
Price and Availability
BADA OS powered Samsung Wave II S8530 Smartphone is officially available in India for the price of Rs. 19,000 with one year warranty.
- Samsung WAVE S8500 BADA OS Powered Smartphone Launched
- Samsung Unveils Wave 578 (S5780) Smartphone Featuring BADA OS & NFC Chip
- Samsung Wave 2 Pro (S5330) Smartphone Launched With BADA OS and TouchWiz UI 3.0
- Samsung Wave 2 (S5250) Smartphone Launched With BADA OS and TouchWiz UI 3.0
- Samsung Wave 723 (GT-S7230E) BADA Powered Smartphone Announced
- Samsung ‘Galaxy S’ i9000 Smartphone Powered by Android v2.1 Launched in India
- Samsung Galaxy 3 i5800 Smartphone Launched in India @ Rs. 12,500
- Samsung Galaxy 3 (i5800) Smartphone Launched With TouchWiz UI 3.0 and Social Hub
- Samsung Galaxy 5 i5500 Smartphone Launched in India @ Rs. 9,000