Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced in India market, two new additions to its award-winning Force Series SSD family. The new models include the Corsair F90 and F180 Force Series SSDs, with densities of 90GB and 180GB respectively.
These latest additions to the Corsair Force Series are built using the Sandforce SF-1200 SSD Processor, which provides exceptional performance, including read speeds of up to 285MB/sec and write speeds of up to 275MB/sec, with a 4K random write throughput of up to 50,000 IOPs.
This is the same level of performance as that of enterprise-level SSDs, and results in unmatched system responsiveness.
The Corsair F90 and F180 SATA solid state drives can replace or coexist with traditional hard disk drives (HDDs) and with no movable parts or spinning platters, SSDs are more reliable and higher performing than HDDs making faster overall system responsiveness.
With the affordable price point, consumers can now enjoy the benefits of an SATA solid state drives by adding an SSD option to their current desktop PC in a dual-drive or “boot drive” set up.
Solid State Drives Advantages:
- Fast Performance — Games, applications and files load faster, while your system is more responsive
- Compatible — Proven technology with installations on tens of thousands of systems worldwide
- Flexible use — 2.5″ form factor for your notebook or netbook needs, or use with included 3.5″ bracket for your desktop computer
- Silent operation — No moving parts means zero noise and high reliability
- Low Power — Extend battery life for notebook and netbook users
- Reliable — Over 1,000,000 hours mean time between failures
The Corsair F90 and F180 Force Series SSDs all implement the ATA TRIM command, supported by Windows 7, which helps to maintain optimal performance over the drive’s lifetime.
- Maximum sequential read speed 285 MB/second
- Maximum sequential write speed 275 MB/second
- Random 4K write performance of 50,000 IOPS (4K aligned)
- Latest generation SandForce controller and MLC NAND flash for fast performance
- Internal SATA II connectivity
- TRIM support (O/S support required)
- No moving parts for increased durability and reliability and quieter operations over standard hard disk drives
- Decreased power usage for increased notebook or netbook battery life
- 2.5″ form factor for your portable computer needs
- Included 2.5″ to 3.5″ bracket for installation on your desktop computer
Price and Availability
The F90 and F160 Force Series SSDs are available immediately from Corsair’s network of authorized distributors and resellers in India. The MRP of the F90 and F180 is Rs. 10,200 and Rs. 19,800 respectively. For more information on Corsair Force Series SSDs, please visit www.corsair.com.