ASUS has announced the new ASUS Eee Reader DR900, featuring a 9-inch screen that offers 2.25 times the reading area compared to 6-inch ebook readers, this sleek device is ideal for reading material ranging from novels to comic books — and everything else in between.
The ASUS Eee Reader DR900 is less than 10mm thick and weighing just 440 gms, and is highly portable travelling companion that can be taken on any journey, whether it’s the daily commute or a long-haul flight.
The Eee Reader comes with 2GB of internal storage which is expandable via SD Card capable of storing up to 5,000 ebooks and the two-week battery life is long enough to read 20 novels back-to-back between recharges.
The ASUS Eee Reader DR900 offers ultra-low power consumption which is possible because the Eee Reader’s SiPix electrophoretic display only uses power to change its image, not to maintain it.
Page turns on the Eee Reader device are virtually instant and the monochrome image is as crisp as ink printed on paper besides the screen stays clear even in broad daylight, making so it’s as easy to read on the beach as it is under a bedside light.
The ASUS Eee Reader DR900 features 9-inch capacitive touch-screen monochrome LCD display and it delivers a simple and intuitive user interface. The device features built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g wireless LAN connectivity and optional 3G functionality via SIM card.
- 9-inch SiPix electrophoretic display reflects light like paper to mimic a printed page, giving a more natural and more comfortable reading experience than backlit LCD displays.
- Capacitive touch-screen with a virtual keyboard can be used to annotate reading material, make handwritten notes and even draw sketches.
- Buy ebooks no matter where you are, thanks to the WebKit-based browser and built-in Wi-Fi, plus optional 3G.
- Read non-stop for up to four days on battery power with Wi-Fi enabled, and up to two weeks with Wi-Fi disabled.
- High-quality text-to-speech supports for 23 languages, giving instant conversion of ebooks into audio books.
- No thicker than a pencil (221 x 191 x 9.7mm) and weighs just 440g (Wi-Fi model).
Price and Availability
ASUS has not revealed Eee Reader Dr900 prices or availability in any market as yet.
- Blackberry to Offer 410,000 Amazon Kindle Books for Free
- Border Introduces KOBO Wireless eReader With Longer Battery Life, and Sharper eInk Display
- Asus Eee Tablet Launched Features 2450 dpi Touchscreen Sensitive Display
- Infibeam Announces 6-inch Pi e-Book Reader Offering Local Indian Language Support
- ASUS-Lamborghini VX1 Notebook In India
- ASUS CD-S520/A4 CD-ROM
- Asus Eee Pad Announced Featuring Intel CULV Processor & Micsoroft Windows 7
- Best Under Rs 30000 Laptop Computers in India
- ASUS B Series B43 and B53 Business Notebooks Launched With Boston-Power Sonata Battery