Motorola has announced the upcoming availability of Motorola CHARM QWERTY touch screen smartphone that is powered by Android v2.1 (Eclair) and features enhanced MOTOBLUR UI which makes it even easier to manage emails, messages and social updates in one easy place.
Packing a social networking punch with Android 2.1, MOTOBLUR enhancements, Motorola CHARM is a compact design and is equipped with a BACKTRACK feature that makes screen navigation even more intuitive.
Motorola CHARM provides consumers all the features of a smartphone with the intuitive navigation of a 2.8 inch 320 x 240 pixel resolution 256K colors capable touchscreen – all in a compact, pocketable design that makes messaging a snap using the combination of a full QWERTY keyboard and touch screen.
The Motorola CHARM smartphone is equipped with Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate display, multi-touch input, proximity sensor for auto touchscreen disabling and has Gorilla Glass display like in Samsung Galaxy S and iPphone4 that is many times tougher and scratch resistant.
Tri-band 2G and dual band 3G network ready Motorola CHARM is powered by TI OMAP3410 600MHz processor and it runs Google Android 2.1 (Eclair) operating system. The smartphone has 2 GB internal storage and 512 MB RAM and an 2GB microSD card inbox and support expandable storage to maximum 32GB.
The CHARM offers BACKTRACK navigation pad, located on the back of the smartphone directly behind the home screen, that is similar to a laptop touch panel and enables an unobstructed view of the Web, texts, e-mails and news feeds.
Motorola CHARM is the first Motorola phone to feature an enhanced version of MOTOBLUR built on Android 2.1, which syncs contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more in easy to manage streams — from sources such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Gmail, work and personal e-mail.
Choose from over 70,000 applications, widgets and games from Android Market and enjoy access to Google services including Google Search, Google Maps and Gmail.
The Motorola’s MOTOBLUR user interface filters can be selected from a single social networking account, contacts, group or messaging account so that users can select only the information they want to stream live to the Happenings and Messages widgets.
It also allows users to move and resize pre-loaded home screen widgets to personalize up to seven home screen panels (standard on any Android device) and for an even more custom experience offers customisable widgets of live content and live wallpapers.
Contacts in MOTOBLUR user interface running over Android OS are automatically synced to the phone from personal and work e-mail and social network accounts.
In addition, Motorola CHARM with MOTOBLUR UI also offers different power modes settings to conserve battery and the MOTOBLUR also helps in locating lost devices from a secure personal information portal and even data can be remotely erased if necessary.
The Motorola CHARM includes 3.15 megapixel camera with maximum 2048 x 1536 pixel still picture resolution offering Geo-tagging, and video recording in 24fps. There is no secondary front facing camera for video calling.
For data connectivity, CHARM QWERTY phone is equipped with Stereo Bluetooth v2.1 EDR with A2DP, WiFi 802.11b/g/N wireless networking with DLNA, GPRS class 12, EDGE class 12, 3G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, 3G HSUPA 2.0 Mbps connection and microUSB port for wired connection.
Other features includes FM Radio with RDS, GPS with A-GPS support along with Google Maps 4.5 navigation (does not work in India as yet), threaded SMS, MMS, Email client, Push Mail, full HTML Android browser,
Additional features on Motorola CHARM include:
- Adobe Flash enabled Web browsing experience to view most of today’s content-rich sites
- Full suite of Google services including: Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and access to thousands of apps on Android Market
- Pinch to zoom functionality and two-finger swipe to easily surf the Web and sort through photos
- Capture sharp photos with a 3MP camera and KODAK PERFECT TOUCH technology for better, brighter pictures
- One-touch social media uploads to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa and PhotoBucket
- CrystalTalkTM PLUS for enhanced audio and call quality with a second microphone for increased voice quality while filtering out background noise
- Corporate email pushed immediately to the device for instant inbox updates
The new Motorola CHARM with MOTOBLUR is already available across India for Rs. 15,990 with warranty.
- Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone With Android 2.1 and QWERTY Keyboard Launched in India
- Motorola GLAM XT800 Dual-SIM Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 31,999
- Motorola FLIPOUT With MOTOBLUR Smartphone Launched, Powered by Android 2.1 OS
- Motorola Quench XT3 Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 12,500
- Motorola DEFY Android Smartphone Launched in India
- Motorola BRAVO Smartphone Launched; Features Android v2.1 & MOTOBLUR UI With Live Widgets
- Motorola Quench XT5 XT502 Android Smartphone Launched in India
- Motorola DEFY Smartphone Launched; Features Android v2.1 & MOTOBLUR UI With Live Widgets
- Motorola CLIQ 2 Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone Launched; Features Slide-out QWERTY Keypad