LG has unveiled a Android 2.2 FroYo powered LG LU3000 smartphone at Korean Electronics Show KES2010, that is touted to be the fastest Android powered phone on the market today, even faster than superstar Samsung Galaxy S smartphone and mighty iPhone-4 and offers full 1080p HD video recording.
The new LG LU3000 smartphone is tri-band 2G and single-band 3G HSDPA network ready candybar style device that features 3.8-inch 480 x 800 pixel TFT 16-million capable capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch input, Accelerometer sensor for auto screen rotate and Proximity sensor for auto-screen turn off.
The LG LU3000 allows up to 32GB via microSDHC card and for data connectivity it is equipped with GPRS, EDGE, 3G HSDPA connection, WiFi 802.11b/g wireless LAN, Bluetooth 2,1 with A2DP wireless connectivity and microUSB 2.0 port for wired connectivity.
Running Google Android 2.2 FroYo operating system, the LG LU3000 is powered by 1GHz TI OMAP 3630 Processor and has 5 Megapixel camera with maximum 2592 x 1944 pixel still picture resolution featuring auto-focus, Geo-tagging and built-in LED flash.
The camera is also capable of recording full 1080p HD video recording but there is no front facing VGA camera for video calling. It features HDMI digital out port for direct connection to compatible home TV.
Other features of the LG LU3000 includes GPS receiver with A-GPS with Google Maps 4.7 navigation, multi format media player that supports MP3, AMR, MIDI, and WAV audio formats, 3.5mm audio port, video playback in DivX/WMV/WMA/Mp4/H.263/AVI formats and includes FM radio with RDS and FM recording capability.
The LG LU3000 smartphone also offers users close integration with popular Google services, such as Google Search with voice, Gmail, Google Talk and Google Maps.
The smartphone also features Google maps, which allows free walk and drive navigation and other locating options. In addition, there are more than 50,000 applications to choose from Android Market and users have access to Google mobile services such as Google Search, Gmail and Google Maps.
This video demos the speed comparision between LG LU3000 placed next to Samsung Galaxy S with Apple’s iPhone 4 on the extreme right.
LG LU3000 smartphone also includes popular Android based apps including Google search, Google Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, and Google talk. There is inbuild support for MS document editors including Word, Excel and Powerpoint in addition to PDF.
The handset would initially debut in Korea and there is no news yet about its release in any other market.
- Intex to Launch Cheapest Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone in India in Feb 2011
- Google Updates Google Maps 4.7 With new Personalized Location Recommendations
- Micromax Unveils ANDRO A70 Smartphone With Android 2.2 Froyo
- Micromax Launches A90 Superfone Pixel Android ICS Powered Smartphone in India
- Micromax Launches A100 Superfone Canvas Android ICS Powered Smartphone for Rs. 9,999
- Samsung Acclaim SCH-r880 Android Smartphone Launched, Features Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Micromax ANDRO A60 Smartphone Launched in India; Runs Android 2.1 OS
- Dell XCD28 3G Ready Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India
- LG Optimus T Smartphone Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo Launched