AAXA Technologies today announce the release of the AAXA L1 v2 Laser Pico Projector, an updated version of the AAXA L1, the world’s first laser powered pocket projector. The updated design improves the performance of L1 v2 by increasing the thermal efficiency of the PCOS laser light engine.
The updated AAXA L1 v2 pocket projector features unique three-color laser light source that produces images with amazing color saturation that are always in focus.
While the AAXA L1 v2 laser powered Pico projector is slightly larger than the original L1, it still remains the world’s smallest 20 lumen pico projector – no larger than a small cell phone, measuring only 4.2″ x 2.1″ x 1.2″ and weighs in at 170 grams (including battery).
Designed for mobile professionals and entertainment, the AAXA L1 v2 pocket projector combines a revolutionary laser light source, proprietary despeckling technology, and an LCoS imager to achieve a 20 lumen output at 800×600 resolution without the pixilation problems found in some laser projectors.
The flexibility offered by the AAXA L1 v2 laser light source opens up a new world of possibilities in projection applications. The focus-free operation allows for rapid changes in projection size, simultaneous far and near surface projection, angled projection, and projection on curved and other non-flat surfaces.
AAXA L1 v2 pocket projector is also equipped with ultra-efficient optical engine that enables delivering rich images even in less-than-dark environments – and color-rich images up to 50″ in dark environments.
AAXA L1 v2 pocket projector comes with the onboard battery that offers 1.5 hour operation allowing this device to operates as a true hand-held laser projector without the need for any cables or external power source.
Some hardware features of AAXA L1 v2 pocket projector includes a VGA input supporting up to 800×600 resolutions for laptop connections and on-board gamma correction. It also include a powerful media player capable of decoding of video (AVI, ASF, WMV, MPG), audio (MP3, WAV, AAC), images (JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP), and popular document formats (DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF), onboard memory, and a USB port capable of reading files directly off a standard USB thumb drive.
The AAXA L1 v2 pico projector also comes with a stand, making it fully portable and configurable for maximum presentation flexibility.
Additional accessories allow the L1 v2 to connect to Apple iPhone/iPod, Microsoft Zune, Sony Playstation Portable (PSP), and a wide range of cellphones from Nokia, LG, Samsung, and HTC.
- Vivid 20 lumen laser light source
- Sharp SVGA (800×600) resolution
- USB memory stick reader (2GB included)
- AVI, WMV, MP3, JPG decoder
- Reads Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF
- Projects up to a 50″ image
- Composite and VGA input support
- Mono 1W Speaker
- 2GB USB Micro Stick Based Memory
- Stereo Speaker/headphone mini-jack
- Dim – 4.2″ x 2.1″ x 1.2″
- Weight – 170 gms
- Power Consumption – 7.5W
Price and Availability
The AAXA L1 v2 is available for pre-order at www.aaxatech.com for $399 and begins shipping December 1, 2010 and will also be available through our fine retail partners.
- AAXA Introduces M2 Micro Projector – World’s First XGA (1024×768) Resolution Micro Projector
- Samsung Launches Palm-Size SP-H03 Pico Projector & Media Player
- BenQ MX880UST 3D Ready Ultra-Short-Throw DLP Projector Launched in India
- BenQ MX660, MS614, MS510, MX511, MX613ST & MS612ST – 3D Ready Projector Launched in India
- BenQ CP270 Mobile Digital Projector Announced; Weighs only 1.5 Kgs
- BenQ MP770 Portable Digital LCD Projector
- BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini LED Pocket Projector Launched in India; Features Integrated USB Drive
- Portronics Releases HD POR 316 Androview Android Pico Projector
- Portronics Unveils iLume – a Powerful LED Illuminated Projector