LG has today announced the upcoming availability of LG Optimus One P500 Smartphone in India powered by Google’s latest Android 2.2 FroYo platform offering the ultimate personalized experience along with a new user-friendly way of personalizing Android devices.
One of the first smartphone shipped with Google’s latest Android 2.2 (FroYo) and optimized for Google Mobile Services, the LG Optimus One P500 handset is perhaps best budget-priced Android smartphone in India delivering the ultimate smartphone experience while offering easier accessibility for the growing number of consumers looking to purchase their first smartphone.
LG today also announced that LG Optimus One P500 smartphone has sold one million units in just 40 days since its launch and has now become fastest selling LG handset in its history. Its the one of the first mid-range smartphone with Android 2.2 Froyo.
LG Optimus One smartphone compares features-to-feature with Samsung Galaxy 3 smartphone and runs on Google’s latest Android 2.2 Froyo platform offering users hotspot functionality and easy-to-use Google applications via Android Market.
The LG Optimus One P500 smartphone offers one touch access to staying connected to friends and family while on the go. Moreover, using Voice Actions for Android 2.2, users can control their Android-powered LG Optimus One smartphone by speaking commands to call, text, e-mail and even find directions on a map, among other tasks.
LG Optimus One P500 smartphone features LG-Home user interface over the Android 2.2 operating system and offers customizable icons at the bottom of the screen flanked with menu-icon in the middle. The UI offers option for on-screen QWERTY keyboard or Swype text entry allowing users type in one stroke by sliding on the keypad.
also offers users close integration with popular Google services, such as Google Search (also by voice), Gmail, Google Talk and Google Maps.
The LG Optimus One Smartphone comes equipped with a blazing-fast 600 MHz Processor for a fast mobile data experience and is quad-band 2G and 3G HSDPA network ready handset featuring 3.2-inch 320 x 480 pixel 256K colors capable Capacitive Touchscreen display that is highly responsive in touch. The handset measure 113.5 x 59 x 13.3 mm and weighs just 129 gms.
Running Google’s latest Android 2.2 (FroYo) operating system, the LG Optimus One P500 smartphone is also equipped with Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off, Digital compass, and comes 170MB internal memory and sports microSD card allowing up to 32GB expandable memory.
In addition to the comprehensive entertainment features of the device, the LG Optimus One P500 smartphone delivers advanced phone features including GPS functionality and free use of the Ndrive navigation system for turn-by-turn directions, Android full HTML browser, and an 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera with offering 2048 x 1536 pixel resolution and video recording in VGA resolution in 640×480 pixels @18 fps. There is no secondary VGA resolution camera for 3G video calling and the camera’s quality is also reported to be average.
For connectivity, Android powered LG Optimus One P500 Smartphone offers GPRS Class 10, EDGE class 10 with 236.8 Mbps download speed, 3G HSDPA with 7.2 Mbps download, WiFi 802.11b/g wireless LAN and Bluetooth 2.1+A2DP wireless connectivity in addition to microUSB 2.0 port for wired connection. The handset also features mobile Hotspot capability supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G.
Some other features of LG Optimus One P500 Smartphone includes 3.5 mm audio out port, internal speaker, FM Radio with RDS, and built-in GPS with A-GPS support with Google Maps. The handset also supports Java MIDP 2.0 and includes Audio media player supporting MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ files and video media player supporting DivX/Xvid/MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV files. It also offers Facebook and Twitter website integration and includes YouTube application with Flash support.
LG Optimus One smartphone allows access to Android Market allowing users to download and personalize their phone with over 100,000 of free and paid applications.
LG Optimus One Key Features
- 2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G HSDPA 900/2100
- Sleek and slim design
- 600 MHz Processor
- Google’s latest Android 2.2 (FroYo) operating system
- 3.2-inch 320 x 480 pixels, capacitive touch-screen, 256K colors
- Accelerometer Sensor
- proximity Sensor
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard, Swype option
- Mobile Hotspot capability supporting up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G experience simultaneously
- GPRS Class 10
- EDGE Class 10
- 3G HSDPA 7.2Mbps
- WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP
- GPS + A-GPS support, Google Maps 4.7
- 3.2MP 2048 x 1536 pixel camera with 2x digital zoom, autofocus
- 170MB internal memory
- microSD card slot (supporting up to 32GB)
- Android Market – choose from more than 100,000 apps to personalize the phone
- Visual Voicemail
- Email, Push Email, HTML Android browser
- Audio Player – MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ files
- Video Player – DivX/Xvid/MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV files
- Social Networking, Youtube, Google Talk, Gmail, Facebook
- Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery, 8 hrs talk time (2G), 700 hrs Standby time (2G)
- Measures – 113.5 x 59 x 13.3 mm
- Weighs – 129 gms.
Price and Availability
Android v2.2 FroYo powered LG Optimus One P500 Smartphone would be available in India by the end of November for the price of Rs. 13,500 with warranty.
The LG Optimus One is now available across India for Rs. 13,500 with 2GB microSD card free.
- LG Optimus T Smartphone Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo Launched
- LG Optimus S Smartphone Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo Launched
- Intex to Launch Cheapest Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone in India in Feb 2011
- LG Optimus 3D Smartphone Includes YouTube 3D Video Application
- LG OPTIMUS GT540 Android Power Smartphone Announced
- LG Launches LG Optimus Black P970 Android Smartphone
- LG Optimus Black P970 Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 27,000
- LG Optimus 2X Android Smartphone Launched in India; Featuring 1GH Dual-Core NVIDIA Tigra 2 Processor
- LG Optimus 2X Android Smartphone Announced; Featuring 1GH Dual-Core NVIDIA Tigra 2 Processor