Google has today announced the updated version of Google Maps 4.7 for Android platform that now offers full support of newly launched Google Hotspot recommendation service via new local recommendation engine.
Android users can now write and publish their personalized ratings and reviews from their Android enabled mobile phones made quick and easy with a new rating widget designed for rating places on the go.
The new widget can be quickly install from Android phone’s homescreen by going to Menu > Add > Widgets > Rate Places and users can also post ratings and reviews directly from any Place page.
Users ratings will personalize their search results and can also point their friends (Hotspot users contacts in Gmail service) in the direction of the best in the town based on such recommendations.
Users of Hotspot are able to see Hotspot nicknames (can be different than Google profile name) but only the friends are able to see linked Google profile. Google uses contacts in Gmail linked to Google profiles to find friends.
Users can download Google Maps 4.7 for Android 1.6 and above or just search for Google Maps in Android Market (or tap here from an Android enabled phone).
Google also announced that it plans to launch the Places application for Apple iPhone which will allow the Apple Smartphone owners to user the Hotpot service on their iPhones. Alternatively, iPhone users can rate and get place recommendations from your phone browser (iPhone and Android) in the US.
- Intex to Launch Cheapest Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone in India in Feb 2011
- LG Unveils LG LU3000 Android 2.2 FroYo Powered Smartphone in Korea; Offers full 1080p HD Video Recording
- Google Maps 5.0 Released for Android Platform; Includes 3D Landscapes, Offline Navigation and Compass Mode
- LG Optimus S Smartphone Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo Launched
- Google Fast Flip Service For Newspapers And Magazine Articles launched
- The iPhone 3G S Phone Being Launched in India on 24th March 2010
- Motorola XOOM Android Powered Tablet Launched; Features 10-inch Widescreen HD Display
- LG Optimus One P500 Smartphone Powered by Android 2.2 Froyo Launched in India
- Samsung Acclaim SCH-r880 Android Smartphone Launched, Features Full QWERTY Keyboard