Samsung has today on Friday 29th October 2010 announced the availability of the Samsung GALAXY Tab P1000 Tablet PC, in India market. Starting 10th November, Android 2.2 FroYo powered Galaxy Tab would be available across India for Rs. 38,000.
Powered by the powerful 1GHz Cortex A8 processor with PowerVR SGX540 chipset that offers support for enhanced multimedia features, the Galaxy Tab runs on Android 2.2 FroYo Operating System with support for Adobe Flash 10.1, and is company’s first tablet devices, representing a new category of mobile products for Samsung.
With the Samsung GALAXY Tab Tablet Device, consumers are able to experience PC-like web-browsing and enjoy all forms of multimedia content on the perfectly sized 7-inch display, wherever they go. Moreover, users can continuously communicate via e-mail, voice and video call, SMS/MMS or social network with the optimised user interface.
As a new category of device, the Samsung GALAXY Tab GT-P1000 Tablet Device brings a wealth of mobile experiences with Samsung’s leading innovations, to provide users with more capabilities while on the move.
Samsung GALAXY Tab GT-P1000 Tablet Device’s striking 7-inch TFT LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution (WSVGA) display delivers exciting mobile experience for watching films, viewing pictures, e-reading or sharing documents.
The Samsung GALAXY Tab measures 190.09 x 120.45 x 11.98 mm and is light weight at 380 grams, that provides perfect portability, with its svelte dimensions making it easy to grip and use.
Supporting the latest Adobe Flash Player 10.1 player, the Samsung GALAXY Tab fully supports swift, seamless viewing of every single page of the web.
The Samsung GALAXY Tab GT-P1000 Tablet Device offers ‘Readers Hub,’ Samsung’s unique e-reading application, that provides easy access to a vast digital library – from classical literature to the latest bestsellers and reference materials. According to Samsung, the Galaxy Tab’s Readers Hub would provide access to 55 Indian newspapers in several local languages.
Along with the announcement of Samsung GALAXY Tab GT-P1000 Tablet Device, Samsung also unveiled ‘Media Hub,’ a gateway to a world of films and videos, and ‘Music Hub,’ an application giving access to a wide range of music tunes. There is not much news about the music and video content partners in India for these services.
The Samsung GALAXY Tab GT-P1000 Tablet Device, is equipped with 3G HSUPA 5.76Mbps connectivity, 802.11b/g/N Wi-Fi LAN connectivity, and latest Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity, enhancing users’ mobile communication on a whole new level.
Video conferencing and push email on the large 7-inch display of Samsung GALAXY Tab GT-P1000 Tablet Device make communication more smooth and efficient. For voice telephony, the Samsung GALAXY Tab turns out to be a perfect speakerphone on the desk, or a mobile phone on the move via Bluetooth headset.
The Samsung GALAXY Tab GT-P1000 Tablet Device is powered by a Cortex A8 1.0GHz application processor with PowerVR SGX540 graphics, delivering high performance. At the same time, HD video content is supported by a wide range of multimedia formats (DivX, XviD, MPEG4, H.263, H.264 and more) which maximises the joy of entertainment.
The Samsung GALAXY Tab Tablet Device features a front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera allows for face-to-face video telephony over 3G network, and also includes a rear-facing 3.0 megapixel AUTOFOCUS camera with built-in flash allowing users captures still images and video that you can edit, upload and share, all without any hassle.
“There is a new and emerging consumer demand that the Galaxy tab seeks to satisfy and we feel this demand is poised to grow phenomenally,” Samsung Director (Mobile and IT) Ranjit Yadav at the launch event.
Applications of the Samsung GALAXY Tab
The Samsung GALAXY Tab is packed with services and access to Android Marketplace lets users download apps and personalise their device infinitely. In addition, there are pre-loaded applications uniquely designed and optimised for Samsung smart phones and smart media devices.
Readers Hub – Samsung Readers Hub consolidates e-reading applications such as eBooks, magazines, and newspapers. Users can enjoy ‘reading’ with unified and intuitive user experience, powered by global eReading service leaders, Kobo, PressDisplay and Zinio. More than 2 million books including today’s best sellers, over 2,500 titles of magazines in 20 languages and more than 1,600 newspapers in 47 languages are available at launch and will grow the library gradually.
Google Mobile Services – Services like Google Maps Navigation (Beta) and Google Goggles are available on Google’s Android platform. With useful location-based services like Google Maps, consumers can search in Standard English instead of entering an exact address. A search-by-voice function is just as intuitive, meaning searches can also be completed easily on the go. Google Goggles is a powerful, visual search tool that uses the Samsung GALAXY Tab’s camera to uncover information – an image of a landmark or artwork is automatically used to perform a search, delivering relevant content like a description or history. In addition, with a camera, users can enjoy various augmented reality services which are downloadable in the application market.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Tablet Key Specifications
- Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, Tri-band 3G 900/1900/2100 MHz Network Ready
- 3G HSUPA 5.76Mbps
- 3G HSDPA 7.2Mbps
- Android 2.2 (FROYO) running TouchWiz 3.0
- 7-inch TFT LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution (WSVGA) 16 Million Colors
- 1GHz Cortex A8 processor with PowerVR SGX540
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage, 512 MB RAM
- microSD expansion for up to 32GB additional storage
- Gyroscope Sensor
- Geo-magnetic Sensor
- Accelerometer for auto rotate, Light Sensor
- Multi-Touch Input, Swype Text Input
- Front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera for Video Calling
- Rear 3.15 megapixel 2048 x 1536 pixels res AUTOFOCUS Camera with built-in flash, Geo Tagging
- Video recording – 720×480 pixels @30fps
- 3G HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
- 3G HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- 5GHz dual-band 802.11b/g/N WiFi LAN
- Bluetooth 3.0
- microUSB 2.0 port
- Built-in GPS with Assisted GPS, Google Maps 3.0
- Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- 3.5 mm Audio Port
- Threaded SMS, EMAIL, Push EMAIL
- TV-Out via 3.5 mm Audio Port using special cable
- Full HD Video Playback
- Thinkfree Office App (full version) View/Edit – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, View PDF
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- 4,000 mAh Li-ion battery
- 7 Hours of video playback
- Dimension – 190.09 x 120.45 x 11.98 mm
- Weighs 380 grams
Price and Availability
The Samsung GALAXY Tab will be available across India starting November 10th 2010 for Rs. 38,000 with one year warranty. The Galaxy Tab can be pre-order from Samsung’s website http://in.samsungmobile.com/galaxy_tab/
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet Powered By Android Unveiled
- Samsung Announces Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 Tablet Device Powered by 1GHz CPU & Android 2.2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7100) Tablet Announced
- Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 Android Powered Smartphone in India for Rs. 11,499
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone Retails in India For Rs. 14,990
- Samsung Unveils Galaxy Tab 8.9 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 Tablets With WiFi Connectivity
- Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 Android Powered Smartphone Announced
- Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 Entry-Level Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone Announced