Motorola has today announced in India its affordable mid-range Android powered Motorola Quench XT3 Smartphone with MOTOBLUR social streams that is powered by somewhat outdated Android 1.6 Donut operating system and featuring high resolution HVGA capacitive touchscreen display.
MOTOBLUR is Motorola’s Android-powered content delivery service, which organizes messages and synchronizes contacts to keep conversations in constant motion.
MOTOBLUR helps sync contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more, from sources such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Gmail, work and personal e-mail and Last.FM etc, and automatically deliver them to the home screen into easy-to-manage streams.
Motorola QUENCH smartphone’s sleek touch-screen design, combined with great navigational features such as pinch and zoom and a touch pad, as well as the inclusion of Adobe Flash Lite, make browsing the web on its 3.1-inch high-resolution HVGA display a breeze.
With MOTOBLUR user interface users can navigate and organize their messages, happenings, news, apps and widgets, like never before. Motorola Quench’s innovative built-in navigation panel works seamlessly with hands so that users can see everything on-screen as it happens, unobstructed.
Messaging is also made easier on Motorola QUENCH with the combination of MOTOBLUR features, a palm and pocket-friendly design and Swype, a new feature that makes responding to messages and entering text easier than ever.
MOTOBLUR also provides end-users with convenience and peace of mind, as lost devices can be located from a secure personal information portal and even remotely erased if necessary. Subsequently, one user name and password brings back contacts, messages and connectivity to previously configured networks and email providers.
In addition, with over-the-air updates, Motorola has the ability to improve current features and add new ones to QUENCH, ensuring the overall experience is continually enhanced.
The Motorola QUENCH XT3 smartphone is quad-band GSM and tri band 3G HSDPA network ready handset is powered by Qualcomm MSM7227 600 MHz Processor running somewhat outdated Android 1.6 Donut operating system and offers clear telephonic calls using dual microphones and noise cancellation technology.
Featuring a large 3.1-inch 256K colors capable 320 x 480 pixels HVGA TFT capacitive touchscreen the Motorola QUENCH XT3 is equipped with Accelerometer sensor for auto screen rotate, Proximity sensor for auto touchscreen disable while engaged in call, Digital compass, and a capacitive trackball at the bottom of the device.
The Motorola QUENCH XT3 smartphone comes with 512MB of ROM and 256MB of internal RAM and allows up to 32GB expandable memory via microSD card slot allowing practically unlimited contacts and SMS records.
For data connectivity, Motorola QUENCH XT3 smartphone offers GPRS class 12, EDGE class 12, 3G HSDPA 7.2Mbps download connection, WiFi 802.11b/g wireless LAN with DLNA feature, Bluetooth 2.0 + stereo A2DP wireless connection in addition to microUSB 2.0 port for wired connection and charging.
The smartphone comes with Full HTML Android Webkit browser with Adobe Flash Lite support and Android Market gives users access to more than 100,000 apps and widgets, allowing users to freely customize BACKFLIP smartphone to their taste and liking.
The Motorola QUENCH XT3 smartphone also includes 3.15 megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash and video recording capability, FM radio with RDS and also features MP3 and video media players that supports H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMV v9, MIDI, AMR NB, WMVA v9 files.
In addition, the Motorola Quench Smartphone also features GPS receiver with A-GPS and google maps and it comes preloaded with lifetime free access to fully voice-guided street-level navigable MapmyIndia maps of 401 cities in India.
Supporting SMS/MMS/EMS the Motorola QUENCH XT3 smartphone also features Email software supporting corporate (Exchange), Gmail, IMAP, POP3, attachment and browser document viewer including Microsoft Office and pdf, HTML email composer. The phone also offers IM application supporting AOL Instant Messenger, Windows Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger, and Google Talk.
The Motorola Quench comes with 1270 mAh Li-Po battery that allows 560 hrs of standby time and 8 hours talktime on 2G network and comes with built-in access to Facebook, MySpace and Twitter Direct Messaging and other social networking sites.
Motorola QUENCH XT3 Smartphone Features
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900,
- 3G HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100
- HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
- Qualcomm MSM7227 600 MHz Processor
- EDGE Class 12,
- GPRS Class 12,
- WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN with DLNA
- microUSB 2.0 (High Speed)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP
- GPS with aGPS with Google Maps, Google Latitude, Google Maps Street View, eCompass,
- 3.15 MP camera, 2048 x 1536 pixel resolution, 4X digital zoom, LED flash, Auto Focus
- Video recording 320 x 480 pixels @ 15fps
- Accelerometer sensor, Proximity sensor, Digital compass
- 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM
- microSD card slot, max 32GB, 2GB microSD preinstalled
- 3.1-inches HVGA (320 x 480 pixels) 256K colors Display
- Android 1.6 Donut (upgradable to Android 2.1)
- Full HTML browser, Android Webkit
- 3.5 mm audio port
- Stereo Speakers
- FM Radio with RDS
- Dual microphone with noise cancellation
- Facebook, MySpace and Twitter Direct Messaging
- Li-Po 1270 mAh Battery
Talk time – 8 hrs (2G), 6 hrs (3G)
Stand by – 560 hrs (2G), 450 hrs (3G)
- Dim – 116.8 x 60 x 12.4 mm
- Weight – 130 gms
Price and Availability
The Motorola QUENCH XT3 Smartphone is expected to be available soon at estimated price of Rs. 12,500 with one year warranty.
- Motorola Quench XT5 XT502 Android Smartphone Launched in India
- Motorola GLAM XT800 Dual-SIM Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 31,999
- Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone With Android 2.1 and QWERTY Keyboard Launched in India
- Motorola CHARM QWERTY Android Phone Launched in India For Rs. 15,990
- Motorola DEFY Android Smartphone Launched in India
- Motorola BRAVO Smartphone Launched; Features Android v2.1 & MOTOBLUR UI With Live Widgets
- Motorola DEFY Smartphone Launched; Features Android v2.1 & MOTOBLUR UI With Live Widgets
- Motorola CLIQ 2 Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone Launched; Features Slide-out QWERTY Keypad
- Motorola FLIPOUT With MOTOBLUR Smartphone Launched, Powered by Android 2.1 OS