T-Mobile USA today announced the upcoming launch of the HTC HD7 WP7 Smartphone, one of the world’s first smartphones using the latest Windows Phone 7 operating system featuring large 4.3-inch WVGA display and 720p HD video recording capability.
Pairing rich mobile multimedia features with a 4.3-inch touch display – the largest screen available on a Windows Phone in the U.S. – the HTC HD7 promises to keep customers entertained and connected on the go.
The HTC HD7 windows smartphone is the first phone from T-Mobile built on Windows Phone 7, Microsoft’s new mobile platform that introduces a new approach to the Start screen experience through Live Tiles that offer easier access to information and services from the Web and applications that are important to users.
Windows Phone 7 also delivers an integrated experience on the HTC HD7 windows smartphone through Windows Phone unique service called Hubs. The Hubs bring together a related set of applications, services and content into a single view to simplify common tasks. Your contacts, music, games and work can be shared, synced and accessed virtually wherever you happen to be.
The HTC HD7 comes equipped with a blazing-fast Qualcomm 1 GHz Snapdragon processor for a fast mobile data experience and is quad-band 2G and dual-band 3G network ready handset featuring 4.3-inch 480 x 800 pixel 16 million color capable Capacitive Touchscreen display.
Running Windows Phone 7 operating system, the HTC HD7 is also equipped with Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off, Digital compass, and comes with 8GB or 16GB of internal memory, 512 MB ROM and 576 MB RAM. There is NO provision for memory card slot in it.
In addition to the comprehensive entertainment features of the device, the HTC HD7 windows smartphone delivers advanced phone features including GPS functionality with access to turn-by-turn navigation from TeleNav GPS Navigator, Internet Explorer 8, 720p HD video recording, and an advanced 5 megapixel autofocus camera with dual LED flash offering 2592 x 1944 pixel resolution and Geo-tagging feature.
For connectivity, HTC HD7 Windows Phone 7 Smartphone offers GPRS Class 32, EDGE class 32, 3G HSDPA with 7.2 Mbps download, 3G HSUPA with 2 Mbps download speed, WiFi 802.11b/g/N wireless LAN and Bluetooth 2.1+A2Dp wireless connectivity in addition to microUSB 2.0 port for wired connection.
Some other features of HTC HD7 includes 3.5mm audio out port, Dolby Mobile and Surround SRS sound enhancement, internal stereo speakers, and built-in GPS with A-GPS support with Bing Maps. The handset also supports Java MIDP 2.0 and includes Audio media player supporting MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ files and video media player supporting MP4, WMV, H.264/H.263 files. It also offers Facebook and Twitter website integration and includes YouTube application with Flash support.
The new HTC HD7 windows phone 7 powered smartphone also allows users to access their favorite movies, TV shows, games, music and more on a large 4.3-inch screen. The HTC HD7′s top pre-installed entertainment applications includes:
- Netflix for streaming thousands of movies and TV shows for Netflix members to watch instantly on the HTC HD7′s large, crisp screen.
- T-Mobile TV, offering consumers access to live and on-demand TV, including free programming from ABC News NOW, FOX Sports, PBS Kids, Azteca America, family holiday movie favorites and more.
- Slacker Radio for listening to free, personalized radio with over 130 genre stations and the ability for customers to create stations of their own.
- Xbox LIVE unlocks a world of games and fun, connecting customers to a global community of more than 25 million active Xbox LIVE members and offering easy access to Xbox LIVE features such as Friends, Avatars, Achievements, Messaging and more.
- Zune for loading people’s favorite media – music, movies, TV shows and podcasts – and taking it wherever.
In addition the HTC HD7 windows smartphone also offers the largest virtual keyboard available on a Windows Phone in the U.S. and includes fully integrated Microsoft Exchange e-mail and calendar as well as Office Hub, which offers customers mobile versions of popular productivity programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, OneNote and SharePoint Workspace.
Measuring 122 x 68 x 11.2 mm, the HTC HD7 windows 7 smartphone weighs 162 gms and comes with Li-ion 1230 mAh battery that can provide up to 6 hrs of talk time on 2G (5 hrs on 3G) and up to 300 hrs of stand-by time on 2G network.
Price and Availability
The HTC HD7 windows 7 smartphone is expected to be available in the U.S. exclusively to T-Mobile customers in mid-November 2010. More details will be available at http://htc.t-mobile.com/hd7.
- HTC 7 Mozart Windows Phone 7 Powered Smartphone Launched in India
- Samsung OMNIA 7 (GT-I8700) Windows Phone 7 Smartphone Launched
- Samsung FOCUS Windows Phone 7 Smartphone Launched
- Dell Venue Pro Windows Phone 7 Powered Smartphone Launched
- Dell Venue Pro Windows Powered Slider QWERTY Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 34,990
- LG Launches 3G Ready LG GW550 QWERTY Phone Powered by Windows Mobile 6.5
- LG Optimus 7 and LG Optimus 7Q Windows Phone 7 Powered Smartphones Launched
- Samsung Acclaim SCH-r880 Android Smartphone Launched, Features Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Microsoft Offers Windows Live Messanger Beta with VoIP