Kingston has announced the global availability of its first 32GB microSDHC Class 4 card, which is the ideal mobile storage solution for entertainment and business applications as smartphone use integrates into everyday life.
As the mobile phone has transitioned from a simple voice device to a powerful multifunctional tool and been increasingly used to email, listen to music, take hundreds of photos and watch movies, there is an increasing demand for more and more expandable memory.
Users would find Kingston’s 32GB microSDHC class 4 memory cards ideal for their growing expandable storage needs in their latest smartphones which are gradually becomes an integrated center of mobile communication, social networking, commerce, and learning.
Fully complaint to the SD Association Specification 2.00 (class 4), the Kingston microSDHC Class 4 memory cards offers guaranteed minimum data transfer rate of 4MB/sec. making it suitable for the latest smartphones, and point and shoot digital cameras.
Kingston’s 32GB microSDHC Class 4 card is capable of storing nearly 29,000 photos, over 6,000 songs and more than 2,000 minutes of video.
Kingston claims that the 32GB microSDHC Class 4 card has performed flawlessly when tested on the latest crop of smartphones including the HTC Evo 4G and Shadow; Motorola Droid X; RIM (BlackBerry) Bold 9000; and, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant.
In addition, the Kingston microSDHC card is available with a variety of adapters including SD and miniSD, allowing one card to be used in several devices.
As a bonus, Kingston is shipping the 32GB microSDHC Class 4 memory cards with a small USB reader for convenient data transfers.
Kingston 32GB microSDHC Class 4 Features and Specifications
- Compliant: with the SD Specification Version 2.00 (Class 4)
- Versatile: when combined with an adapter, can be used as a full-size SDHC card
- Compatible: with microSDHC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled device/readers
- File Format: FAT32
- Reliable: lifetime warranty
- Capacities*: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- Dimensions: 0.43″ x 0.59″ x 0.039″ (11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
- Speed: Class 4 — 4MB/sec. minimum data transfer rate
- Operating Temperature: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
Price and Availability
The Kingston 32GB microSDHC Class 4 card is expected to be available in November 2010 in US for $159 (about Rs. 7,150) followed rest of the world including India in about another month and is backed by a lifetime warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
- Kingston Launches microSDHC Class 10 Memory Cards in India; Offers 10 MB/sec Speed
- Transcend Launches microSDHC Class 10 Memory Cards in India; Offers 20 MB/sec Speed
- Kingston Launches 16-GB/32-GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card
- Silicon Power Launches microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card
- Transcend Class 2 32GB microSDHC Memory Card for Mobile Phones Announced in India
- Kingston Launches 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Class 10 Memory Card
- Kingmax Rolls Out SDHC Class 10 Memory Card in 4/8/16/32-GB Capacities
- Transcend Introduces New Industrial-Grade Memory Cards – microSDHC Class 10 and CF170 CompactFlash
- Kingston Launches DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 (DTU30) USB 3.0 Based Flash Drive