Motorola with AT&T has today announced the launch of its CDMA and 3G HSDPA based smartphone, the Motorola BRAVO Smartphone powered by 800 MHz processor running Android v2.1 (Eclair) and features enhanced MOTOBLUR UI which makes it even easier to manage emails, messages and social updates in one easy place.
The new Motorola BRAVO smartphone is a slim, pocketable Android v2.1 (Eclair) powered smartphone that comes equipped with advanced Web-browsing capabilities and a 3.7-inch high-resolution touch screen display that provides edge to edge views of your favorite photos, videos and websites.
The Motorola BRAVO Android Smartphone is WCDMA 850/1900 GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and 3G HSDPA network ready handset featuring a large, resilient display that has outstanding protection against scratch damage. It also features CrystalTalk PLUS that vanquishes noisy environments with two microphones which intelligently filter out background noise and amplify user’s voice.
The Motorola BRAVO Smartphone also features the latest version of Motorola’s unique solution, MOTOBLUR UI, which makes it even easier to manage all of your emails, messages and social updates in one easy place with the additions of filtering, resizable widgets, added corporate security and a versatile battery manager.
Motorola’s MOTOBLUR syncs contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more — from users’ favorite social media sites, work and personal e-mail, and last.fm — and automatically delivers them to the home screen. More importantly, MOTOBLUR is capable of locating or remotely wiping lost or stolen devices, and can also automatically restore a user’s contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations and e-mail with one username and password.
The Motorola BRAVO also features an Adobe Flash Lite enabled browser that allows mobile users to experience millions of rich websites the way they were meant to be seen, including rich video and gaming content on its 3.7-inch FWVGA screen allowing users to view more of the Web than standard browsers.
The Motorola BRAVO Smartphone has 3.7-inch 480 x 854 pixels 16 million color capable FWVGA Capacitive touchscreen display and is powered by Android v2.1 (Eclair) operating system for mobile devices and sports touch sensitive controls with multi-touch input options.
It also includes Accelerometer sensor for auto rotation, magnetometer digital compass, proximity sensor for auto turn off and ambient light sensor for enhanced reading and has 512 MB RAM, 2 GB ROM, and support expandable storage to maximum 32GB. It comes preloaded with 2 GB microSD car.
For data connectivity it offers Stereo Bluetooth v2.1 EDR with A2DP, WiFi 802.11b/g/N wireless networking with DLNA, GPRS class 12, EDGE class 12, 3G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, 3G HSUPA 2.0 Mbps connection and microUSB 2.0 port.
The Motorola BRAVO Smartphone also features a 3.15 MP digital camera with digital zoom lens, auto-focus, Geo-tagging, and image stabilization delivering maximum still picture resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels still picture resolution.
Users can share their pictures with one-touch social media uploads to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa and PhotoBucket and the camera is also capable of video recording in CIF @ 15fps.
The Motorola BRAVO is Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)-enabled allowing users to stream, store and share content with compatible devices around the home like HDTVs, game consoles and PCs.
With a 3-megapixel camera with digital zoom and auto focus, customers can catch memorable moments to share with one-touch social media uploads to Facebook®, MySpace, PicasaTM and PhotoBucket®.
Other hardware features includes 3.5mm audio out port, integrated GPS with A-GPS support and Google Maps 3.0, and Stereo FM Radio with RDS.
The Motorola BRAVO supports Email (Corporate Sync, POP3, IMAP), text and multimedia messaging (SMS, MMS) and instant messaging clients and also includes music player supporting AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, AMR NB, MP3, WMA v9 files delivering lyrics to songs, additional artist news and information, as well as integrated social applications for sharing and giving recommendations. Video player supports H.264, MPEG4, WMV v9 files.
Being Android powered, the Motorola BRAVO Smartphone also offers a suite of Google mobile applications including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and YouTube are also integrated onto the device.
Users can also choose from over 100,000 applications, widgets and games from Android Market and enjoy access to Google services includingc.
Measuring 109.5 x 63 x 13.3 mm and weighing just 122 gms, the new Motorola BRAVO smartphone also offers Always-on social network experience allowing built-in applications to access Facebook, Twitter and Myspace social networking sites available right on the homescreen and includes support for MS documents and PDF viewer.
The Motorola BRAVO comes with Li-Po 1540 mAh standard battery that can provide upto 7 hours of talk time and 245 hours of stand-by time on full charge.
Motorola BRAVO Smartphone Key Features
- WCDMA 850/1900 GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G HSDPA 850/1900
- Android OS v2.1 (Eclair)
- Adobe Flash 10.1 Support
- Latest version of MOTOBLUR UI with Live Widgets
- 3.7-inch widescreen display, 480 x 854 pixels FWVGA 16M color capable TFT Capacitive Touchscreen display
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
- Pinch & zoom and double tap features
- 2GB internal memory, 512-MB Flash memory
- microSD card slot, maximum 32GB storage, 2GB card included
- 3.15 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash, digital zoom, auto-focus
- video recording in CIF resolution @ 15fps.
- Video playback H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR WB, OGG, MIDI, AMR NB
- Ringtones eAAC, eAAC+, AAC+, AAC, MP3, OGG
- Motorola Media Link and Motorola Phone Portal to manage and share media content across desktop, phone and the Web
- Location enabled, multi-window HTML5 Webkit web browser
- GPRS Class 12
- EDGE Class 12
- WiFi 802.11b/g/N Wireless LAN
- Stereo Bluetooth 2.1+A2DP
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Built-in GPS + A-GPS with Google Maps 3.0
- CrystalTalk Plus for superior talk quality
- 1540 mAh Li Po Battery: 7 hrs talktime, 245 hours stand-by time on 2G network
- Dimension – 107 x 59 x 13.4 mm
- Weight – 118 gms
Additional functionality and apps include:
- Full suite of the Google applications: Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and Google Talk,
- Unified Google, Microsoft Office and Facebook Contacts
- Navigation: GPS, MOTONAV turn-by-turn navigation with India maps
- Email Support: IMAP, POP3, Gmail and Exchange
- IM Support: Google Talk
- Calendar: Exchange, syncs with Google Calendar
Price and Availability
The Motorola BRAVO smartphone is available in US from AT&T stores. Motorola has not revealed its prices in other market as yet.
- Motorola DEFY Smartphone Launched; Features Android v2.1 & MOTOBLUR UI With Live Widgets
- Motorola CHARM QWERTY Android Phone Launched in India For Rs. 15,990
- Motorola BACKFLIP Smartphone With Android 2.1 and QWERTY Keyboard Launched in India
- Motorola GLAM XT800 Dual-SIM Android Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 31,999
- Motorola DEFY Android Smartphone Launched in India
- Motorola FLIPOUT With MOTOBLUR Smartphone Launched, Powered by Android 2.1 OS
- Motorola MILESTONE 2 Smartphone Launched; Features Android 2.2 & Slide-out QWERTY Keyboard
- Motorola Quench XT3 Android Powered Smartphone Launched in India for Rs. 12,500
- Motorola Quench XT5 XT502 Android Smartphone Launched in India