Borders has announced the addition of the new Kobo Wireless eReader to its digital assortment that now includes an industry leading selection of seven eReading devices. The new Kobo Wireless eReader adds WiFi connectivity, upgraded hardware with faster performance, longer battery life, and a sharper eInk screen.
With the new Kobo Wireless eReader, consumers can now shop on the go, anytime, anyplace, directly from their Kobo eReader with one touch of the “Shop” button.
Adding over 200,000 books in six months, the recently launched Kobo store now boasts over 2.2 million books including today’s new releases and bestsellers, timeless classics and thousands of free books.
With the intuitive control pad and a built-in library-management system, customers can easily navigate and organize their library by title, date last read and author. In addition, customers can add documents using an SD card, Adobe Digital Editions, or drag-and-drop. The eReader also supports EPUB and PDF documents, so customers can enjoy the option of borrowing and reading free eBooks from their local library.
Consumers can read on any device – iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Android, PC, MAC, Linux, and their library will always be up to date on their eReader. The addition of WiFi means consumers can now receive wireless deliveries of popular newspapers and magazines directly to their eReader.
Borders’ new Kobo Wireless eReader comes with a built-in WiFi 802.11b/g wireless connection, upgraded hardware in three new colors and a new processor that drives faster page turns.
Just 0.4 inches thick and 7.8 grams in weight, the lightweight KOBO Wireless eReader is available in three sleek color combinations: onyx, porcelain with a metallic silver back and porcelain with a pearlized lilac back.
The new Kobo Wireless eReader reads like print on paper with its specialized E Ink screen for a true book-like reading experience. With 16 grey scale levels to choose from, the device offers sharp graphics and crisp text that are easy on the eyes. The device also comes pre-loaded with 100 free classics so customers can immediately begin reading.
The Kobo eReader comes pre-loaded with 100 free literary masterpieces including a selection of fiction, memoirs, politics, philosophy and more.
Key Features of KOBO Wireless eReader
- New Wireless connectivity with WiFi 802.11 b/g
- A new faster processor makes turning pages over 2.5X times faster.
- Lasts up to 10,000 page turns on a single charge
- Downloads a book in less than 60 seconds
- Comes pre-loaded with 100 free literary masterpieces
- Access to the Kobo store featuring 2.2 million eBook
- Over 1.8 million titles like PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and WAR AND PEACE are available for FREE on Kobo
- Easy to use with minimal buttons
- About the weight of a small paperback
- 1GB built-in memory allowing 1000 eBooks
- Capacity of up to 5000 eBooks with the addition of an SD card
- New built in dictionary makes looking up definitions easy
- Kobo’s FREE apps for iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android, Mac, PC, Linux, as well as our support of other popular eReaders and open APIs
- Drag and drop PDF files to your Kobo to read long reports
“We introduced the Kobo eReader to make eReading more affordable and accessible for consumers. It worked, making the Kobo eReader a bestseller, and the industry followed. Today, we are excited to introduce our latest generation, the Kobo Wireless eReader, enabling customers to shop and update their library on the go with superior performance for only $139 USD,” said Michael Serbinis, CEO of Kobo.
Price and Availability
Priced at $139.99, the new Border’s KOBO Wireless eReader device can be pre-ordered beginning today at www.borders.com/kobowifi and will be available for purchase in Borders stores by the end of October 2010.