ASUS’ Republic of Gamers has launched its latest ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme Motherboard in India that delivers compatibility with some of the fastest processors available through the AMD890FX chipset.
The ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard further ships with CrossLinx 3 technology, which enables multi-GPU usability with graphics cards from different vendors and generations.
The The ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard also comes with a slew of user-friendly overclocking features, including ROG Connect, RC Bluetooth and ROG iDirect.
With CrossLinx 3 technology, ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard users gain the ability to mix and match multiple graphics cards from both NVIDIA and ATI, including models of different GPU generations.
This technology uses the Lucid HYDRALOGIX engine, which bridges various graphics cards to enable their simultaneous usage. By removing compatibility hurdles, CrossLinx 3 makes it possible to experiment with different configurations of graphics cards for maximum performance.
On ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard, a unique layout design features a total of five PCI Express expansion slots. Two provide dedicated native graphics card support for either a single GPU or two in CrossFire configuration.
The additional three feature Lucid HYDRALOGIX and CrossLinx 3 technologies, which enable a mixture of graphics cards from different vendors and generations, with a total of four detectable and working at once.
Users keen on tuning their system gain greater freedom to do so with the unprecedented five PCI Express slots, and the technology maintains optimized performance whether in single or multiple-GPU arrangements.
The ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard brings much needed hardcore overclocking capabilities to the AMD side of the market and it ships with a full range of performance features, starting with ROG Connect, which enables pure hardware-level tweaking through USB from a remote notebook PC.
ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard allows RC Bluetooth to accesses a host of board, memory and CPU overclocking parameters from any Bluetooth-enabled device, while ROG iDirect introduces PC tuning from iPhone. This adds convenience and style to overclocking, a practice that used to be exclusive and cumbersome to get into.
ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard Key Features / Specs
- CPU Support – AMD socket AM3 Phenom II/Athlon II/ Sempron 100 Series Processors
- AMD 890FX / SB850 Chipset
- DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866 (O.C.)/ 1800 (O.C.)/ 1600(O.C.) / 1333 / 1066 MHz memory 4xDIMM, max. 16GB
- Expansion Slots:
5x PCIe2.0 x16 slots (dual @ x16, triple @x16 , quad@x16 x16 x8 x8)
1 x PCI 2.2
- Support HYDRALOGIX / ATI CrossFire X Technology
2 x SATA 3Gb/s ports (Gray)
2 x External SATA 3Gb/s ports at rear (SATA On-the-Go)
- Bluetooth V2.0/V2.1+EDR accessories card
- Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN card
- 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- IEEE 1394a – 2 x 1394a ports (1 port at back I/O, 1 port onboard)
NEC USB 3.0 controller – 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports at rear
AMD SB850 chipset – 13 x USB 2.0 ports
- Dim – 12”x 10.6” (30.5 cm x 26.9 cm)
Price and Availability
The new ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard is already available in India for Rs. 19,550 with 3 year comprehensive warranty.
- ASUS Launches SABERTOOTH P67 Chipset Based ASUS P8P67 Series Motherboard
- ASUS Offers World’s Fastest @ 2333 MHz Triple Channel Memory Chip on P6X58D Premium Motherboard
- ASUS P8P67 and P8H67 Series Motherboards Launched in India
- Asus Sabertooth X58 Motherboard Launched
- ASUS Launches ENGTX460 Series Graphics Card Supporting NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround, PhysX and CUDA Technologies
- Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME Intel X58 Chipset Motherboard
- Asus P5KPL-AM/PS Motherboard
- Abacus Introduces ASRock 775i945GZ Motherboard
- ASUS Launches ENGTS450 DIRECTCU Series Graphics Cards in India For Gaming Enthusiasts