UK based telecom company Binatone has announced its very affordable Binatone ‘Home Surf Touch’ Tablet PC, in India that is powered by a 667 MHz Processor and runs Android v1.6 operating system, effectively heating up the already pretty hot tablet PC market scenario in India.
The Binatone ‘Home Surf Touch’ Tablet PC is powered by ARM 11 667 MHz Processor running somewhat obsolete Android v1.6 (Donut) operating system.
The all new Binatone Home Surf Touch tablet, which is almost as slim as the iPad, features a 8-inch touch resistive LCD display having SVGA resolution of 800 x 600 pixels with Stylus, comes with only 128-MB RAM, 2-GB internal storage and has microSD/SDHC memory card support for expandable memory.
The Binatone 8-inch Tablet also features WiFi wireless connectivity (presumably 802.11b/g) wireless LAN connectivity and microUSB port for wired connectivity and charging. The device is also equipped with Accelerometer for auto-screen-rotate.
The Binatone 8-inch Tablet PC also features 5 dedicated touch sensitive buttons on the frame and includes built-in Stereo Speakers, built-in microphone, a 3.5-inch audio out port to use choice of headphone, re-chargeable Li-Ion battery.
One of the highlighted aspect of this Binatone 8-inch tablet is its affordability. For a price conscious country like India, Benatone 8-inch tablet with price tag of Rs. 9,000 which is less than half that charged by other Android tablets available in the market today. In comparison, OlivePad VT100 3G Android Powered Tablet PC announced in July 2010 would cost about Rs. 25,000.
There is a long list of features one would find missing from this affordable tablet including no 3G or mobile network support, no camera, no flash support either, but the device is capable of video playback supporting MP4 and H.264 file formats and boasts of 4-hours of non-stop video playback on a full battery making this device more a movie player than computing device.
“Binatone plans to invest Rs 50 crores in the next 12 months in technology, product development and marketing. Our products are specifically indianised with special features like Audio boost, Power saver and Binatone Zone, which all have been carefully market researched and implemented to address the specific Indian needs,” Said Sat Murthi, Executive Vice President Binatone India.
- 8-inch SVGA 800 x 600 pixel resolution TFT LCD Display
- Resistive Touch Screen with Stylus
- Five touch sensitive Keys
- Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN connectivity
- Android v1.6 (Donut) Operating System
- 128 MB RAM
- 2GB internal Storage
- microSD/SDHC memory slot for expandable storage
- Built-in Stereo Speakers
- Built-in Microphone
- Video Playback, supports MP4, H.264
- 3.5 mm Audio Out Port
- miniUSB port
- Li-Ion Rechargeable battery
- 4 Hrs video playback on full charge
Some of the other recently announced Tablet computing devices in India and other markets from major vendors includes iiView’s ViewPad Tablet PC announced in Feb 2010 , Notion Ink ADAM Tablet announced in Feb 2010, Windows 7 Powered ASUS Eee Pad which was announced in June 2010, Asus Eee Tablet PC announced in June 2010, Android Powered Dell Streak Tablet announced in June 2010, OlivePad VT100 3G Android Powered Tablet PC announced in July 2010, Samsung GALAXY Tab GT-P1000 Android Tablet PC announced just recently in September 3, 2010 and ViewSonic ViewPad 7 Tablet announced on 17th September.
Price and Availability
The The Binatone ‘Home Surf Touch’ Tablet PC would be available soon for Rs. 9,000 with warranty across India. Visit www.binatonetelecom.com for more details.
- WishTel Launches IRA Thing 2 Tablet With Android 4.0 ICS
- HCL ME Tablets Announced; Features 7-inch/10-inch Display & Powered by Android 2.2 OS
- ViewSonic Announces ViewPad 7 Android 2.2 Powered Tablet Computer; Featues 7-inch Display
- ViewSonic Launches ViewPad 7 Tablet Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo
- ViewSonic Launches ViewPad 7 Tablet Powered by Android 2.2 FroYo in India Market
- Panasonic Unveils Toughbook Android Powered 10.1-inch Tablet
- ViewSonic Launches 10-inch ViewPad 10 Dual Boot Tablet PC Powered by Intel ATOM N455 Processor
- ZTE Launches 7-inch ZTE LIGHT Android Tablet PC
- Motorola XOOM Android Powered Tablet Launched; Features 10-inch Widescreen HD Display