VIA Labs today unveiled its latest USB 3.0 product, the VIA Labs VL750 Super-Speed USB to NAND flash Controller, a revolutionary single-chip solution for the next generation of USB flash drives.
The VIA Labs VL750 USB 3.0 Compliant NAND Flash Controller is the first of its kind in the world, featuring a 4-channel memory controller with interleaving support to offer consumers blisteringly fast data transfer speeds of 100MB/s or more, depending on configuration.
The VIA Labs VL750’s four channel design dramatically improves data throughput over dual or single channel designs by offering more bandwidth and improved parallelization.
“VIA Labs is ahead of the pack by some distance when it comes to offering a complete USB 3.0 eco-system that now includes host, hub and NAND flash controller products,” said David Hsu, Associate Vice President, VIA Labs, Inc. “The VIA Labs VL750 will pave the way for fast, affordable, and large capacity flash drives of 32GB or more. Large files will become infinitely more manageable with most transfers completing in just a few seconds.”
The VIA Labs VL750 USB 3.0 Compliant NAND Flash Controller features USB mass storage class ‘Bulk-Only Transport’ for universal compatibility across platforms such as Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux, and adds USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) support for additional performance.
The VIA Labs VL750 is fully compliant with the latest super-fast USB 3.0 specification, and is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 standards, offering class-leading performance in USB 2.0 mode with transfer speeds of up to 35 MB per seconds
In addition, the VIA Labs VL750 USB 3.0 Compliant NAND Flash Controller is powered by multiple, advanced in-house PHYs, offering outstanding signal integrity characteristics and supports popular 2X-3X nm flash memories while consuming minimal power.
The VIA Labs VL750 USB 3.0 Compliant NAND Flash Controller is a crucial element in the broader transition to high quality multimedia content and more immersive and compelling applications which inevitably demand exponentially larger files sizes and storage mediums.
The VIA Labs range of USB 3.0 compliant controllers is enabling faster data transfer speeds of up to 5GBs per second, a ten-fold speed increase over today’s USB 2.0 standards.
The emergence of larger and faster NAND flash memories is also an important factor in the quickly evolving portable data storage industry. Exponentially faster speeds and large densities have completely saturated the USB 2.0 bus, making USB 3.0 essential in harnessing the enormous potential of tomorrow’s NAND flash memory products.
Key Features of VIA Labs VL750
- Compliant to USB 3.0 specification revision 1.0, and USB specification revision 2.0
- Mass Storage Class Bulk-Only Transport (BOT)
- Supports USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP)
- Integrated in-house Super-Speed PHY and USB 2.0 PHY
- 4 Channel with Interleave support
- Supports up to 8 CE Pins, max. 32 NAND flash memory chips
- Supports 2X-3X nm flash memories
- Adjustable ECC Engine Support
- Global Wear-Leveling
- Power-cycling handling
Price and Availability
The VIA Labs VL750 USB 3.0 to NAND Flash Controller is available now for sampling; for pricing and sample requests, please contact your local VIA Labs sales representative.
- Toshiba Launches 128-GB Embedded NAND Flash Memory Modules
- Kingston Launches DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 (DTU30) USB 3.0 Based Flash Drive
- Transcend Introduces New Industrial-Grade Memory Cards – microSDHC Class 10 and CF170 CompactFlash
- Samsung Announces 32-GB microSD Card For Mobile Phones
- Strontium Launches World’s Fastest Matrix Series SSDs and Mainstream Gamma Series SSDs in India
- Transcend JetFlash 700 USB 3.0 USB Flash Drive Introduced in India
- Transcend Ultimate 600X & Premium 400X High-Speed CompactFlash Cards Launched
- OCZ Introduced Vertex 4 SATA III 2.5-inch SSD Series in India
- ADATA Announces S511 Solid State Drive in Up to 480-GB Capacity