Nikon has today announce the introduction of a new line of mid-class Nikon DX-format digital-SLR cameras, the Nikon D7000 Digital-SLR Camera, which is equipped with a new 16.2 MP CMOS image sensor and a new image-processing engine, the EXPEED 2, that enable capture of high-definition images exhibiting superior image quality.
Nikon D7000 D-SLR Camera with
AF-S DX 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Image Stabilization Lens
The Nikon D7000 Digital-SLR Camera is a high-quality mid-class D-SLR camera build in a durable, high-performance, yet with compact body camera allowing users the high-quality, high-definition shooting.
The Nikon D7000 Digital-SLR Camera features a new DX-format CMOS image sensor, Nikon’s latest EXPEED 2 image-processing engine, a new 2,016-pixel metering sensor, a new AF system that utilises 39 focus points, and the D-Movie function that enables recording of full 1080p HD movies.
A magnesium alloy has been adopted for the top and rear covers of Nikon D7000 D-SLR camera providing increased durability in a size equivalent to that of the Nikon D90 camera. In addition, all joints on the camera body have also been sealed to ensure a greater level of water and dust resistance.
The new Nikon D7000 Digital-SLR Camera is equipped with a new Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor and a new image-processing engine, EXPEED 2.
The Nikon D7000 D-SLR offers an effective pixel count of 16.2-million pixels and with standard sensitivity range of ISO100 – 6400 and additional increases up to Hi 2 (ISO 25600 equivalent), it offers improved capability with shooting under dim lighting, such as in the evening or indoors, and also expands possibilities for expression with rapidly moving subjects.
The Nikon EXPEED 2 is Nikon’s latest image-processing engine that enables faster image processing, a high level of noise reduction, better color reproduction characteristics, and reduced power consumption.
With 2,016 pixels, the new metering sensor developed for the Nikon D7000 D-SLR camera offers twice the metering pixels as our previous high-end metering sensor.
Just before actual shooting, the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor acquires accurate information regarding the scene that is then reflected in autofocusing, automatic exposure, i-TTL balanced fill-flash, and auto white balance control for extremely faithful images.
The Nikon D7000 is equipped with a new 39-point AF system featuring an AF sensor module with 39 effective focus points. Adoption of the new Multi-CAM4800DX autofocus sensor module enables certain acquisition and tracking of the intended subject with 39 focus points.
The Nikon D7000 Digital-SLR camera is equipped with the D-Movie function that enables recording of high-definition movies (1920 × 1080p, 24 fps) exhibiting superior video quality by utilizing autofocusing using contrast-detect AF.
The Nikon D7000 camera also offers in-camera movie editing functions that allow users to save a single frame as a still JPEG image or delete unnecessary portions from the beginning or end of movie files. The camera can also records stereo sound via an external microphone.
Other functions and features new to the D7000 D-SLR Camera
- A glass pentaprism for viewfinder frame coverage of approximately 100% and magnification of approximately 0.94x
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 100 shots at approximately 6 fps, and a very precise and durable shutter unit that has passed testing for 150,000 cycles
- New U1 and U2 settings on the mode dial allow users to assign frequently used settings including ISO sensitivity and exposure compensation, for instant recall, by simply rotating the mode dial
- Live view function that can be smoothly enabled with the dedicated live view switch
- Double SD memory card slot that enable use of two SD memory cards (SDHC, SDXC also supported)
- The Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL15, which enables capture of 1,050 shots, when fully charged
- Support for the new Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D11 (sold separately), which holds not only Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries EN-EL15, but also AA batteries
- Nikon’s image browsing and editing software, ViewNX 2, supplied with purchase
Nikon D7000 Digital-SLR Camera Key Specifications
- Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Nikon F mount Lens Mount (with AF coupling and AF contacts)
- 16.2 Megapixel Effective Resolution
- 23.6 x 15.6 mm CMOS Image Sensor
- 4,928 x 3,262 pixels maximum image size
- Memory Card Slot – SD (Secure Digital) memory cards, SDHC and SDXC compliant
- ISO 100 to 6400, can be set up to approx. 2 EV (ISO 25600 equivalent) above ISO 6400; auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Movie Recording:
[NTSC] 1,920 x 1,080; 24p – 1,280 x 720; 30p – 1,280 x 720; 24p – 640 x 424; 30p
[PAL] 1,920 x 1,080; 24p – 1,280 x 720;25p – 1,280 x 720;24p – 640 x 424; 25p
- Movie File format/Video compression: MOV, H.264/MPEG-4
- 3-inches 921,000 dot, TFT LCD with brightness adjustment
- Battery; One rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL15
- Dimension – 132 X 105 X 77mm
- Weight – 690 gms
Price and Availability
The NIKON D7000 Digital-SLR Camera including the versatile AF-S DX 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR image stabilization lens, is expected to be available in mid October 2010 at the price of $1499.95 or Rs. 69, 545 (approx.) with one year warranty.